I'm feeling guilty

Old 08-19-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No one chooses to be an Alcoholic, but any alcoholic can choose recovery.

I doubt you have been too hard on him to the contrary, I would guarantee you have given him more chances than her deserves and its you this life is hard on.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just wrote this long thing and my phone lagged and chucked it.

Yes I've given him tons of chances.

He ignores me when he's bingeing and ooooh man it makes me so mad. I don't act on it anymore though because it's a waste of energy. but he freaking ignores me when I try to talk to him, then finally I'm like okay well p*%$ off and then a month or two later.... Here he comes hunting me down or trying to get my attention and it's like.... You shot yourself in the foot two months ago and didn't bother to do anything about it. WHY you cryin?! Why is it just NOW bothering you??? Here I am dealing with all this grown up crap by myself and NOW you're upset?
What about when the bs was going down??

I know they don't have normal thought processes but hell... This is just out there
Old 08-19-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Amazing how these As are so alike.

If he can't be there on a regular old Wednesday then he shouldn't get to be there for the party!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Interesting that you say that. Because the original plan was he goes to his family's uses their Internet to find a job then show up Wednesday so that we would have time to plan the party and then do something for anniversary. He was supposed to meet me after work and never showed. I just thought it was funny that you said that
Old 08-19-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dude and his family are a total disaster Honshine. Run away. Don't walk. What you are describing sounds like adolescent insanity. To be honest Honshine, I think you have let yourself be drawn way too deep into the mess and that has rendered you a participant that, from an outsider's view, makes you sound not too much different than him and his people. I know that is not true and I am not trying to hurt you. But the mental effort and gymnastics you go through to describe the situation are not healthy for you Honshine. Good luck and stay on the forum and let us know how it shakes out.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lol everything I've described doesn't even scratch the surface. I reel him one way (he's been to treatment once) then they reel him back the other. You're right in a sense. I'm just playing a perpetual tug of war with alcohol and crazy but they all act like a bunch of ******** teenagers. It's just not worth the effort anymore when it all pans out the same no matter what. Which is why I like to read around and post here.

I feel reassured that I'm always doing the right thing when I don't put up with the crazy train. And it's alot less stressful. Especially when I stopped blaming myself.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's the thing though Honshine. You are putting up with the crazy train. You are on the crazy train itself and you are an active participant and a member of the crazy train crew. And in doing so you have become indistinguishable from your boyfriend and his family. That is definitely not what you want Honshine. DTMFA. Google that acronym coined by Dan Savage and follow his advice.