Financial Issues

Old 07-27-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mtk

Financial Issues

I don’t know if he was drunk. It’s actually worse if he wasn’t. He previously had brought up the fact that he didn’t think his share of the tax return this year was enough so I told him we would file separately next year. We have always kept our finances separate, so this isn’t a big deal to me. Plus we had put the tax refund into a shared account to use for vacations, etc. So I don’t know what the big deal was even about. Last night it seemed like he was trying to pick a fight. He went from one subject to the next seemingly trying to get a reaction from me. When he got to the tax subject he went overboard. He said I was f’ing him over on the tax money. What? You think I’m stealing your money? You think I’m only with you for your money? (That in itself is hilarious because he has more debt than assets.) I told him I already said we would file separately next time. He replied that wouldn’t fix it. I locked him out of our bedroom and turned up the tv so I wouldn’t have to hear any more insults. I could hear him through the door saying – I’m not mad, why are you mad? Don’t make this into a big issue when it isn’t. Again, what? You accuse me of stealing your money and then say I’m making it an issue? I feel sick to my stomach this morning that he thinks that of me. I’m so hurt.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I doubt he seriously thinks you are stealing from him. He just figures since it was your idea and he isn't happy with what he got, it's your fault.

I got the same kind of crap from my last ex when we sold property we owned together. It was in my name, so I paid taxes on the sale (which were substantial) and we had agreed IN WRITING to split the rest equally and then deduct from his share money he agreed he owed me. When the check wasn't as much as he wanted (and I sent him a copy of my filed return to show how much I paid), he called screaming about how I owed him more money. I had my lawyer send him a letter informing him that actually, the amount I paid was MORE than we had estimated, and technically he owed ME a couple thousand more, which I was willing to waive unless he made a stink about it. That was the last we heard from him.

It's just that we are the convenient ones to blame for their own bad choices.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I don’t know if he was drunk. It’s actually worse if he wasn’t. Last night it seemed like he was trying to pick a fight. He went from one subject to the next seemingly trying to get a reaction from me. When he got to the tax subject he went overboard. He said I was f’ing him over on the tax money. What?
Ahhhh the ole classic King Baby Syndrome at its finest <<sigh>>
Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mtk

Pretty sure now that he WAS drunk. (not surprising) Since he walked out of the bedroom just now and acted like nothing at all happened last night.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mtk

OMG I just googled King Baby Syndrome (never heard of that before) and that is him to a T!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL.