8 days after

Old 05-26-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8 days after

Got my Internet hooked up today, hooray! It is hard to believe that it has been 8 days already since the move. Probably because there were so many things to carry and rearrange, and worry about. But not to worry about the AH.

Had a wonderful worry-free three-day Memorial Day weekend. The first time in ages that it was without banging and cussing and yelling. Then I slept when I wanted to. Ate what I wanted to. Washed the dishes and air dried them. It is great to know that I can eat at 17:00. And that it can be only a modest supper, a sandwich. And the lunch can be a big one. Just like I did all my life, before I met the AH.

Do not miss him. Am not angry with him either. Trying not to think of him, and it works quite well. I did see him this morning though. He shaved his goatee and looks 10 years older. And he took the wedding ring off. See, I never thought to take mine off. Not even once in these past 6 months when things escalated.

You know, I could get used to this single life.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Healthyagain.....I think that this is how we are designed to l ive......with some peace and serenity enough to just enjoy BEING. To enjoy and savor the simple pleasures of living.......

This way...we can actually THRIVE and not just merely endure.....

I am glad that it is going so well for you....

dandylion
Old 05-26-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

healthyagain, you are such an inspiration here. I really do thank you for posting.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) you are one terrific person.

amy
Old 05-26-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, amy, and I am sending many many hugs back to you! Only six months ago, this was beyond imaginable.

Step-by-step, it really works.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Single life is great. I can get up at 4 in the morn, or 11 or 12. Can go to sleep whenever I want. Don't have to worry about some drunk needing sex.

Perhaps my times are erratic, working on that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

How are you doing money wise? I do hope you know that I think of you often and I check up on here to see how you are doing.

I think you are a terrific strong person. I think you are going to go far in your life. It was my pleasure to have met you.

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
amy
Old 05-26-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks amy, and believe me that the conversations we had did lead to some very positive changes.

I'll be OK money wise. Had to move out sooner than planned, but got some new projects to work on. And, by the way, I do spend way less when living with him, for example on food, I save fortune.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are sounding so healthy and happy, and I am just thrilled for you.

You really are a strong person, I admire that.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
amy
Old 05-26-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just want to say congratulations on getting to where you are at. I must admit that I dream of someday living in an environment with exactly this! Way to go!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That sounds fantastic. I know that's something I still think about on holidays. I'm just so grateful for the PEACE. No more drunken craziness on Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, the full moon, cat's birthday or whatever "occasion" somehow merited more than the average consumption of liquor.
Enjoy every minute.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I joined this forum 5 years ago. It took me 5 years to finally make this step. 5 years of hope, tears, ruined holidays and dreams, sleepless nights, but today, I am also grateful for this peace and silence and the fact I know what to expect every evening.

Last year, there was the topic "100 Happy Days." Back then, I did not think I would ever say I am grateful for my very own little den and the courage to make this step.

And again, thank you all, I am grateful to have found this forum and so much understanding and support.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You sound amazing, and I am so happy for you!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You sound great!
Sounds like heaven to me
Congratulations
Old 05-27-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

HA it does sound like heaven for you! Congratulations on making this big step towards your own happiness!!