Maybe I'm just too sensitive?

Old 05-27-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

He sounds like a gem!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I know this thread is a few days old and you all have probably moved on from it by now lol but it is exactly what I needed to read right now. I too worry that I am too sensitive, that it IS me, that I really did say the wrong thing. I went to a meeting this week and someone made the comment that when you get your own life and do your own thing or do things for yourself, it won't be so easy for the RA / A to push your button anymore. Then they will wonder what the heck happened! I've also realized, like so many people posted before, that when "they" act like that it is something inside them, NOT me. Sometimes when I'm interacting with the RA in my life, I see the man with a heart of gold and sometimes I don't...sometimes I get the selfish, mean *******! And I have to realize that it is not me; his reactions are his and there's nothing I can do about it.
Easier said than done. I'm glad I found this post!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

He said, "I really wish my good pants were clean for tonight... they fit so much better.... these pants are garbage... I'm going to get my own basket and keep track of my own stuff."

I can recall us being about 20 minutes from going out the door to somewhere and hank saying is my <<fill in article of clothing here>> washed? we had a few go rounds about this.....

1) I may be GOOD at laundry, but even I cannot wash AND dry clothes in 20 minutes.
2) if one puts a teensy bit of preplanning into play, one could ask the laundress a day or so in advance.
3) feel free to use the laundry facilities anytime!

hank's other fave was wait until 6 or 7 on sunday night to empty the rest of his work stuff out of his car - cast off sweat shirts, hi-viz shirts work gloves, doo rags. really dude? you wait until sunday NIGHT?

so again we had to refer to 1,2 and 3 above. new deadline is 3pm on sunday if you want that stuff washed, dried and ready to go the following morning by 5:30am.

I have no problem doing the laundry, I really enjoy clean fluffy clothes, and getting his work stuff looking more like he's going on a date than to slog bricks and mix mortar all day. however I am NOT a 24 hour service. and i'm not going to hunt all over hell's half acre for HIS clothes.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The laundry thing actually reminded me that one of the reasons I liked my xabf was because he knew how to do laundry! He'd even wash delicates on the delicate cycle in cold water and hang dry the clothes that needed, AND he ironed!

My ex before him? (DD's dad) He still chooses to wash bathing suits on regular and then throw them in the dryer on high heat. I can't tell you how many articles of clothing have been ruined over the years. Lol