Dry drunk husband wants a divorce

Old 04-16-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you that you are in the place you want to be with your husband. I hope things continue to go in the direction that you want it to. There are not enough happy endings on the forum. I hope yours will be a happy ending and a peaceful journey getting there.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi, I am going thru something very similar. I get the "dry drunk" thing. Some are not ever happy once they do become sober, especially if they feel they were forced into it. There is nothing you can do about that because in their mind they are constantly feeling sorry for themselves and romancing the idea of the drink. They actually become resentful. My STBXAH was not as strong as yours, and has returned to drinking after 8 months of forced sobriety.

I would be suspicious of his behaviors. In the 3 weeks since I have filed for my divorce many interesting things have come to light. My husband had become emotionally distant 7 months prior and was nasty at times with me especially about the drinking and my attitude about it all. He was NEVER happy and blamed me. I feel now, there was probably something "else" going on, be it emotional or physical with someone, even though I don't have any hard proof. Just his weird behavior. I'm learning to listen to my gut.