Running late - should I go to a meeting tonight?

Old 04-15-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Running late - should I go to a meeting tonight?

Yes!!

I may be 15-20 minutes late between getting fuel and driving time, but I missed my Saturday meeting. As my sponsor tells me, the big book doesn't say why it works, it says "How it works..."

Will check to see if there's a closer meeting.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The closer meeting is too late tonight. Road construction. I'll be there for about half the meeting!
Old 04-15-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

That's OK, you'll still get something out of it--hurry, hurry, but drive safe!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love how things work out. Slightly sad this Wednesday meeting I've been thinking about attending is no longer there, afaik. I need to widen my support network.

DS and I went to the hot springs instead. Threw around a beach ball with another lady and her daughters. Enjoyed the evening. Got out of the cycle of my crazy that was starting. Overall feeling very balanced and where I needed to be.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Big positive steps for me last night. Developing good instincts and trusting them. Reaching out to others in healthy ways. Sharing, not over-sharing.

Awareness of how much I need regular meetings and solid back-up plans for if I miss a meeting. I need, for myself and the others there, to start making it to meetings early instead of late. Baby steps. One day at a time.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Made it to the noon meeting today, late. Very glad I went. My energy level is still low. Not sure if that's my only problem with time. Awareness, acceptance, action.

Subject was prayer, which I've been having a hard time with beyond short, distracted prayers. Went to a park later in the day on our way home. Wrote a long page of things I'm thankful for, filled the back of the page with positive words, read from Path to Recovery, and then prayed. Really prayed.

Kicked around the soccer ball with DS, got barefoot, laughed, enjoyed each moment. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll deal with it when it's here. Today was a good one.