The Language of Letting Go, April 8

Old 04-07-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, April 8

APRIL 8

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Self Care

I don't precisely know what you need to do to take care of yourself. But I know you can figure it out.
--Beyond Codependency

Rest when you're tired.

Take a drink of cold water when you're thirsty.

Call a friend when you're lonely.

Ask Higher Power to help when you feel overwhelmed.

Many of us have learned how to deprive and neglect ourselves. Many of us have learned to push ourselves hard when the problem is that we already pushed too hard.

Many of us are afraid the work won't get done if we rest when we're tired. The work will get done; it will be done better than work that emerges from tiredness of soul and spirit. Nurtured, nourished people, who love themselves and care for themselves, are the delight of the Universe.

They are well timed, efficient and Divinely led.

Today, I will practice loving self-care.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This was exactly what I needed to read right now. Thank you for posting these everyday, you're providing such a great service to others.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Many of us have learned how to deprive and neglect ourselves. Many of us have learned to push ourselves hard when the problem is that we already pushed too hard.

Many of us are afraid the work won't get done if we rest when we're tired. The work will get done; it will be done better than work that emerges from tiredness of soul and spirit. Nurtured, nourished people, who love themselves and care for themselves, are the delight of the Universe.
The first part is so true for me. "Tiredness of soul and spirit"...been there, done that.

I'm working on that second part. Ha, almost said "working hard", but that would defeat the purpose, right? This and the April 1 reading work together. To that end, I'm going to do a short meditation and then off to the bread on a rainy AM!

Wishing you all a good day.