Plummeted downhill again. I am destroying my life.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It really could be worse.

He could be a nightmare ex taking your kids due to a custody agreement, driving drunk, leaving them by themselves and being verbally abusive to them. He could be taking you back to court relentlessly pushing your buttons and causing you tremendous financial hardship. It happens way too often.

Nobody says you have to be overjoyed for him. However, there does appear to be some stability for your children in the current situation.

That said, you gotta figure out what to do with this anger. Its gonna eat you alive if you don't. #1 would be as Lexie stated enforce the custody arrangement. If its his weekend and he decided to head off to Timbuktu don't let it slide.

Get off the FB. You are only seeing the cover of this book you have zero idea what is happening behind closed doors. FB is a PR machine what do you think he is going to put up pictures of himself laying in a gutter? Of course not!!! Everyone puts the best photos and great stories of how awesome their lives are without writing about the crap side. I'm sure he and GF are both aware you can see it. Please don't fall for it.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your pain. My AM recently was hospitalized for a broken heel that she supposedly got after falling after only TWO drinks. HA! I thought the redemption that I had been praying for was going to happen and she would be admonished by the healthcare professionals, but instead she supposedly got a "clean bill of health." I wanted to puke and spit I was so angry and my sister just told me that my AM just got a prescriptions for 60 more Percocet.

We have been punished by their "disease" for so long, that we just want them to feel a little bit of that punishment. I am basically inactive on FB, checking it maybe once every two months to make sure my kids are being good. (although it seems FB is for old people according to my teens) That has been the best move I have ever made. It is truly FAKEBOOK. The older I get, the more precious my life is starting to feel, and so if something or someone doesn't bring me joy, that don't have a right to even a smidgen of my life. That has been working for the most part for me, but I have to do a better job of applying it to my mom. I am sending a prayer of relief and peace of mind for you!