Faith

Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Faith

I went to Al Anon tonight. I guess my higher power finally decided to step in. Or i decided to let it... For u single (single is used loosely here) moms, the "b" next to meeting means babysitting. For me, it meant (1) hour of being able to concentrate on myself while my child was taken care of by someone who was sober, a stranger to me, and completely willing to watch my son so I could find solace in the meeting. I have wanted to go to Al Anon in the past, but didnt want to leave work to do so and I dont really have a sitter who can watch him. I had a very hard wknd due to my husbands chaos... Think dui (2nd in a month!!!) and wrecked vehicle... He is staying (again) at his father's house. I needed help. I looked at meetings and lo and behold, there was a meeting close to my house and had babysitting! Sigh of relief. I packed him up and prayed they would accept me there. I was scared there wouldnt be a sitter and hoped they wouldnt turn me away even if i had to bring him in the mtg (he is one). That group welcomed me and smiled at me. And shared with me. And let me cry. And invited me to call. And to come back.

What i want to share most is the topic was faith. Someone said they heard a long time ago that FAITH stands for "feeling as if there's hope". And for the first time in a long time, i have faith. Wishing you all a peaceful night.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smiling for you, Brightlight. I can feel the sense of relief in your post. Faith is a gift...keep leaning on it, for you and your child. I'm so glad you were able to find a meeting with a babysitter. Congratulations to you for taking that step.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((BL))))))))))))))) This is going to be your year!!! 2015!!!

HAVE FAITH!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Goosebumps! Thank you for sharing!
Old 03-10-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Al-Anon magic. So happy for you.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like it was meant to be. Very good for you.