Cold shoulder

Old 02-21-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cold shoulder

So We had a conversation about my family concerns about my ABF & my concerns. But he clammed up and went to bed, leaving me on the sofa.
Had intentions of going clothes shopping today.. but have noone to go with now.. Visual impairment causes issues in unfamiliar territory.

I think he is feeling inadequate as I am the one actively seeking my own recovery.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Catareta,

Stonewalling is a communication problem among the 4 horses of the apocalypse described by John Gottman. My H does that as well as defensiveness. I've gotten over defensiveness but I have a killer eye roll and a critical tongue. Since

http://www.azgrowth.com/4Horsemen.pdf
Old 02-21-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

YES, yes, stonewalling is certainly one of the horseman---and a very difficult one to tolerate. My children's father used that technique frequently. I made my blood boil. It really is a hostile maneuver.

How did I deal with it.....LOL!....I divorced him.

dandylion
Old 02-21-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry my iPad is not following my typing today. I meant to include, since I have a habit of reading into people's behaviors - I too stick a reason into anyone's behavior. But his behavior may have nothing to do with your recovery. Hard to know without him saying it for himself.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so glad I came here today. I too am currently receiving the cold shoulder and boy is it icy. Part of me just wants to crumble into pieces because it hurts. I would rather argue than have the silent treatmeant! It drives me bat **** crazy. But instead of racking my brain with what do I do, it's time to let it go. It's something inside him, NOT me.