A great BIG thank you to SR!

Old 02-03-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
torquemax777

A great BIG thank you to SR!

Just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate our community.

Yesterday started out pretty crappy. My AH drank Sunday night after 30 proud days of sobriety and missed a much needed (financial wise) day of work. Was pretty down and despondent.

I'm stuck in a tiny town, in a tiny camper all day every day,for almost a year with little in the way of job opportunities. I did apply to a new restaurant yesterday which is hopeful, but another story....

Anyway, it dawned on me that with SR, I'm never truly "alone" and I can take my SR "friends and family" wherever I go!!! :-)

I also made several new private message friends last night that put me on even a higher cloud nine!

Just wanted to give y'all a great big HUG and sincere thanks! Don't know how I woulda made it the last few months without all you kind souls!

Old 02-03-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

torquemax....it has got to be soo hard. I know that you want to get out of isolation and you want to work.
It seems kind of like trying to grow a plant on a rock....or an orchid in the desert...

Sorry about your husband....
I think the relapses are even harder than the origional drinking.

dandylion
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about the relapse. That really does suck. I'm glad SR can be your little oasis in your isolated desert, though!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think so many people including myself can second your feelings! What a sanity saver this group has been! We come from so many different places, faiths, races, ages, genders and any other box you can check. But somehow we find ourselves on the same road sharing the same stories with just the names changed. The journey to wholeness and restoration is truly transcendent.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Agree ducky- all so different, but we are all walking the same path.

I agree with you to T. all my friends and I have no idea who you all are.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey there-- sorry about the relapse. That just sucks. I wish I knew of something better to say, but I don't.

I'm just glad you came here when you needed to talk about it.

hugs!! (and I know what it is like to be in a tiny little town-- I guess I love my tiny town though but sometimes it would be nice to get lost in a BIG crowd and not have EVERYONE know your business-- especially since we are married to A's)