New and in need for help

Old 01-20-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mevlida View Post
he told me that he will put me in next plane back home if I tell anyone.
There is your ticket home right there. However I doubt his brother would do so. They would likely just throw you out. So how about this. Suggest that if they want you to keep this quiet, they buy you a ticket home. What have you got to lose now? You know you would be miserable if you stayed and married him. MISERABLE. At least if you could get home, you'd have family again.

Tough spot to be in right now.

Try a church. Specifically a Catholic church. Many times they have programs for exploited women. And by the way, that is your label right now. Even if you aren't in the sex trade, you are exploited. They can offer you help before you turn to more desperate means.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi mevlida,

What are your biggest concerns right now? With a K1 visa I think I read that you have 90 days to stay in the US. You said that you have been here for a month.

You are protected from abuse here. You can contact the DV line, they will not deport you, they will help you to get to some place safe. You are entitled to all of their services. You can stay at a shelter, they would know the ways that you can return to your country without deportation.

I strongly suggest that you contact them. Please read the pamphlet that the link was provided for.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))
amy
Old 01-20-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think going back home is the best option for you. If this is how this relationship started already?? is this really what you want for your life? You deserve so much better than this, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I can't imagine how scared and alone you must feel, even his family sounds like they aren't being much help.
I think you need to find a way to get back to your family, where you are safe. Who knows where this road could take you, but from the sounds of it so far, it's somewhere you don't want to go mevlida.
I sure hope you find someone to help you out there, which ever direction you choose to go.