I'm back

Old 12-23-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back

Just got back home about two hours ago...wow. I didn't know it was going to be so hard on ME!
I was so ready for the break from his BS and then about 5 hours into the drive back, I felt really panicky. I still do.

Ha! I sure went into this with the WRONG idea. Here I got his laptop already for him, and installed skype, downloaded some good music to his phone..blah blah...oh no!! No cell phones allowed. No laptops allowed. No phone calls for 48 hours. Dear God in heaven, all the RULES! But I can see why they put them in place. The focus needs to be on them...not the outside world. I wasn't prepared for it at all, I guess, so maybe that is why I am so panicky.

He didn't want his toxic family finding out about him going, but through the incredibly large mouth of MY sister..they did. Wonderful. I got an earful from them about how it was all MY fault and how my AH is such a drunk...yada yada. Really didn't need that.

But my sister really pulled through for me though. She is the director of a rape and domestic abuse program and I stopped through. (You all know how low on cash I am right now) She gave me toilet paper, shampoo and all the works. She also gave me a 20$ gas card. I will thank her program. She said I qualified for the help anyway, the fact that SHE was the one helping me was a moot point. That was really nice.

The kids are freaking out. Behavior is sort of crazy and wild right now. I think they are scared too.

But all in all....the end result is that the KIDS are safe, I am safe, and HE is safe. So although it is going to be hard, I think it is a good step in the right direction. After all...God did tell me (through a lady at the coffee shop) that he is going to restore and redeem my family. I just have to trust.

Trust. That's a tough one.

The roads sucked. Took me 8 hours to drive what normally takes me 4. But we made it. My younger kiddos came with me and were angels in the car.

We are safe. For tonight, we have everything we could ask for.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Enjoy the peace, and don't get freaked out by it. You take care of yourself and the kids and try to keep your mind off what he's doing. You deserve this break!!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

free,

This is really good news to hear. 48 hours, that means he can make a call for Christmas.

Sounds like you had a really rough day and use some relaxing time.

I'm glad your sis came through for you also.

Tomorrow, take out that camera, and the children, and have one terrific day in nature.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
take care
amy