So angry at myself

Old 12-19-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So angry at myself

After moving out 3 weeks ago I felt really lonely and like I made the wrong choice.

But today I just feel so annoyed at myself for sticking with someone who admits himself he did not take me seriously, took away £3000 which I earnt over the summer to spend on alcohol (which is alot as I`m a student!), was on dating sites, flirted with other women and made me feel horrible about myself, emotionally abuse, never once bought me anything in a 15 month relationship, continously said I needed him and dragged me down in his own troubles.I only remember 3 dates in the relationship, because most days he got drunk, felt guilty the next day then continued the same cycle again.

I cannot believe I stuck by him and dragged myself down financially, emotionally and physically. So frustrated and annoyed at myself.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate to what ya type. After my last relationship ended( one that WE made clear we were in it for the long haul and would both work at it)the resentments came up and most of em aimed at me. Why? It was then that I saw the red flags- flags that had been waving for some time.
Best thing I did to stop it was look at myself and see why I pushed them red flags aside
Then forgave myself
AND not forget.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
I can relate to what ya type. After my last relationship ended( one that WE made clear we were in it for the long haul and would both work at it)the resentments came up and most of em aimed at me. Why? It was then that I saw the red flags- flags that had been waving for some time.
Best thing I did to stop it was look at myself and see why I pushed them red flags aside
Then forgave myself
AND not forget.
Yes there was even a small part of me that thought a few months apart and it`d be fine. He talked about long term and I was commited to that, but I accepted behaviour which is never acceptable. And time to myself has let me focus on university, developing my business and even spending time on me!

Yes I think perhaps thinking more about those red flags would be a good idea to prevent it happening again!
Old 12-19-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When we know better, we do better. You believed he was a better person that he was, and you got hurt and burned because of it.

That's painful -- but it's behind you, and the best thing I did after leaving a user was to figure out why I fell for him and stayed with him for way too long.