Just curious

Old 12-02-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just curious

Im curious if you can come in drunk, sleep an hour and a half and no longer be drunk?
Old 12-02-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Last Blackout

Nope
Old 12-02-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im really confused then. He walked in stumbling and clearly not right. Took a nap for 1.5-2 hours and seems ok. Im really confused.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think you can. I think it depends on how much you had to drink. Usually 1 hr sober, you can eliminate the effect of one drink. So 2 hours, 2 drinks, plus the time it took him to get home. So he can actually act ok if he can usually act ok with 4 or 6 drinks, when he might have had 7 or 8 or more. I think so. I know I've done it. Just had a big headache.

Alcohol wears off

Last edited by amy55; 12-02-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: terrible spelling, need to cut my fingernails
Old 12-02-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
Im curious if you can come in drunk, sleep an hour and a half and no longer be drunk?
probably legally drunk if tested
but
a hardcore alcoholic may not show too many signs after a little sleep

Mountainmanbob
Old 12-02-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im sure Im just over analyzing where I shouldn't be because in the end I know and it doesn't matter. The more I sit here and listen to him he still doesn't sound quite right tho he isn't stumbling around anymore. I just need to stop.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There many were times when i wasn't sure whether or not (or didn't want to believe) my ex was high. His behavior was so bizarre sometimes. I used to try really hard to figure it out. Turns out he was drinking primarily but also doing some pills here and there and eventually heroin. Basically, i realized that the details mattered less and the whole picture mattered more. You know when they're high. The sky is not pink.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Katchie,

I don't even think you are over analyzing, or perhaps you are. Perhaps you are looking for actual proof so that you can say, that's it. I've had it. Remember last year, remember the heat situation. He isn't acting right. You're not trusting him, (probably with very good cause), didn't you say your sons found empty bottles of alcohol in the car?

I think you want to stay in denial, but everything is just hitting your right in the face right now, that you can't deny it.

So the answer I think is yes, an alcoholic can take a nap and return to the state that they were 2 hours prior, when they could be declared legally drunk, but just not falling down drunk.

(((((((hugs))))))

amy
Old 12-02-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

K -- we are all buddies, but probably being Drunk is his new "normal."

Sounds like watching a Drunk may have become your new normal.

Q: Who is more messed up?

A: Get to Alanon and work on YOU.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

he's been under the influence so long now that YOUR interpretation of his "state" has been skewed........perfectly fine to YOU probably still blows a legally drunk on a breathalyzer.

the thing is.......he came HOME stumbling drunk.

again.

the nap is inconsequential.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Active alcoholics can process the drink really fast. I've lost that ability now, thankfully.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

They certainly can. My XAF would get so plastered that he could barely stand or speak. He'd go upstairs, sleep for 1 to 2 hours, come downstairs after his nap like he never touched a drink. I'd sit and question my sanity, although I knew beyond a doubt that he was completely bombed not 2 hours earlier. And then... he'd start up all over again. Sleep it off, do it again and eventually go to bed for the night only to wake up and start again.

Those were my weekends. Those weekends have officially just ended. I've had enough and can take no more. Called off the wedding, gave the ring back and he has until this weekend to remove his belongings.

I know where you are Katchie....it sucks there. Hugs.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have seen XA be "wet noodle, drunk on his azz," take a one hour power nap, wake up and be clear headed, no slurring, no staggering, no combative behavior, it would always make me question my own judgement , as to what the hell just transpired an hour ago.

I do not get it, I do not understand. How in the world can you be black out drunk, and wake up an hour later and be ok ? While he did not remember what had transpired in the past couple of hours, and i know this sounds nuts, but after that nap, he was a surreal sober, sensitive, kind, engaging, helpful, concerned, loving , helpful, attentive, ........... ( other than the fact he reeked like Jack)

But this is also the same guy that has never experienced a hangover. It was almost frightening.

*Oh no flippedRhalo we were dating the same guy, if it wasn' t so pathetic i might laugh.