Feeling really low tonight

Old 10-28-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling really low tonight

I made the decision to post this because I have probably called everyone in my contact list and no one is answering. I have been living in SR the last few weeks and I really appreciate knowing I have support whenever I need it.

I haven't stopped crying tonight. I feel like I am an emotional wreck and I am trying everything I know how to do to pull it together. My AH is in an inpatient and is on his 19th day. He is making remarkable progress on himself and I am very happy for him. I have been really working hard on myself and attend weekly Alanon meetings and personal therapy. Nights are the hardest for me...tonight I miss him terribly.

There has been a lot of added stress for me since last fri when my good friends had their child at only 27 weeks, and my brother in law was in a terrible accident after he fell off of a balcony from drinking (they are all still in hospitals). Our two year old daughter has been asking me where Daddy is multiple times a day and it breaks my heart. I feel very alone right now. I see my H every Sunday, and we have both noticed the progress we are making as individuals. We will start marriage counseling on Sunday's now while he continues his inpatient so I think that will help too.

My AH is my best friend and even though his drinking started to get really bad leading up to him checking himself into rehab, I knew I could always Lean on him for support when I am struggling (he was not an every day drinker). Now that all this added stress is going on, and he is gone, I feel very alone. Days are easier because I have a lot of distractions with activities, work, and the baby. It's when the baby is asleep and I go upstairs and lay next to an empty spot in our bed that it hits me.

I wouldn't trade him discovering and working on himself for anything in the world. I am just so sad tonight.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there ... breath ... & read. And keep reading till you find the words you need. There were nights when I read just about every section they have on this board because I needed so badly not to be alone. That's the wonderful thing about this place - the wisdom, experience & comfort is here 24/7/365, whether a single other soul is online or not.
You can do this. One baby step at a time, you can walk right through to the other side, just by keeping on doing the next right thing. Tonight - take care of yourself, breath, & read. And then sleep. I wish for peace for you.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're having a rough night. I wish you some peace and comfort.. and restful sleep. (((Big hugs)))
Old 10-28-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling low tonight. ((((hugs))))
Old 10-29-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AW1111 View Post
I wouldn't trade him discovering and working on himself for anything in the world. I am just so sad tonight.
And you are discovering and working on you in Alanon and here at SR, too--don't forget about that! The A is not the only one who matters...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad, and I agree, nights are the worst. But the sun will come up tomorrow and it will be a new day. Even though at this point you're not splitting w/your A, the ideas in this thread might be helpful for you:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...d-factors.html

((((Hugs)))), and I hope this morning finds you feeling stronger and better.