You'd think I would have learned not to get disappointed...

Old 07-28-2004, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You'd think I would have learned not to get disappointed...

I know I shouldn't be disapointed. I can't count on my AH so why does it always get to me? Tonight is my B-Day dinner with my family and he decided not to go. Why do I always allow myself to get hurt? It's embarassing telling my family that he didn't come because it wasn't important enough to him. My Bday is on Sunday and his family and mine are more than happy to spend it with me but I don't get why he doesn't. I know he'll ruin it just like last year and other years. You'd think I'd have learned by now, don't count on people that can't care.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

I am sorry. They are soooooooooooo selfish. He doesnt want to face the family because HE is ashamed.
Happy Birthday, do something nice for yourself.
Big hugs
Michelle
Old 07-28-2004, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Birthday's are a hard time for everyone. So are holiday's. I know I get more sensitive to the same things I put up with all the time.

Birthday's are also a time to take stock of where you have been and where you are going. They can be a time of change...positive change.

Happy Birthday!
JT
Old 07-28-2004, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello JaneDoe,
I have spent many years and many birthdays along with anniversary's being disappointed. Either my husband doesn't get me anything or does it late. He usually always ends up drunk on those special occasion days and I feel cheated.This year has been the first year that I handled it alot better. For my 50th B-Day this year he did get me a beautiful card and flowers but for our Anniversary(27th) NOTHING!!! I didn't cry all day about it though. I was sad for just a little while. We have to do things for ourselves!!!! Know that we all care!

hugs and prayers,
matters
Old 07-29-2004, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Happy Birthday!

There are a lot of people who are not capable of seeing what is important to us, because they are so wrapped up in their own pain and misery. Expecting them to be different is a sure way to be dissappointed. I have had to find people who are capable of meeting those needs. I found many of those people in my Al-Anon meetings. I have been able to quit demanding that my spouse meet all my needs. This has made our relationship a lot happier.
Beginning new relationships isn't easy. But when I was tired of doing the same things over and over, it was pretty simple.
Have a great day, and treat yourself well. Hugs, Magic