ugh

Old 09-22-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ugh

It's been over a month and I have not received payment from my loony ex-boss/client. I made it clear when I terminated our relationship that I'd take action if she did not pay me. I guess it's time to take it to small claims court. She knows she's wrong so she probably won't even show. All I want is to be compensated for the services I performed. It's $460, which isn't much but filing is easy and I am not going to let her take advantage of me.

I talked to my dad and he seems to think it's not worth it but that's easy to say when he's got plenty of money sitting in the bank. I've called the office and texted her with no response. I'm not surprised but it's such a pain in the ass. What goes around comes around. Or maybe ruthless, unethical people get ahead but they're not happy. In any case, F&*^ her.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

File. You deserve that plus a lot more for putting up with what you did from that loon.

XXX
Old 09-22-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was just wondering about this yesterday, lol. She strikes me as a big bully, all bark & no bite.... I'd be tempted to file just to put her through the process if she's used to people just backing down from her. People like that irk me so badly!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She is a passive-aggressive bully. How is that even possible? I just want her to know that she cannot intimidate me and I will call her out on her unethical sh!t. Insurance companies are very interested in fraud.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And...let her know she will be reported to the Dept Of Labor for unpaid wages.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can't because I did the work as an independent contractor. If I were still on the payroll I would have filed with Dept of Labor right away.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Yeah, just (finally) got one payment into the back about two minutes ago.

Six months late.

I do Solar projects -- mostly for fun. In the Good Olde days . . . before Digital Utility Meters -- when the olde spinny dials went around . . . it was worth it just to get to see all the folks' faces light up, when the sun comes up and you start turning their equipment on . . . the meter slow down . . . then stops . . . just a little bit of hang time . . . and starts rolling backwards.

Everyone just start giggling.

So I still do some Solar projects for fun, just out of those memories. But a whole new flavor has come to the industry. Like Slick Siding Salesmen. Disgusting Worms run major portions of the business.

So I did three projects back in March and just got paid. Had already put in the Intent of Lien notices months ago, but until the Final Demand for Payment and Notice of Suit went out last week . . . they just put it off and put it off.

So. Here is my recommend. You do not likely have to sue if they see you are going drive them over the cliff. Your loon's Lawyer bill is going to be more than the claim. So prep the papers, send her a copy to let her know which way the tree will fall . . . and step back. You will not likely need to actually file.

Do you need help on the paperwork? Hit me back-channel.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, Hammer. I am just so frustrated right now.