Another update--serendipity at its finest!

Old 09-03-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another update--serendipity at its finest!

I posted a couple weeks ago about how I am downsizing, basically selling everything I own, and going on the road full time in my motorhome.

Well today, the universe sent someone into my life that couldn't have been a coincidence.

I've been posting the things I want to sell on a local facebook page. I held a yard sale weekend before last, so most of the stuff is gone. I posted a handful of items that didn't sell in hopes of getting them to good homes and a little extra cash in my wallet to start my new adventure. A woman contacted me last night wanting to buy a piece of furniture I was selling. This morning, she came to pick it up.

We were chatting and getting ready to load it in her truck and she mentioned that she's starting over furnishing a house with her two kids because she left her husband due to his drinking. Her kids are pretty much the same ages mine were when I divorced my husband. She ended up looking around the house and wanting to buy two bookshelves, a desk, and a dresser. Then she asked about the couch. I wasn't even going to sell it, since it's old and worn out and the dog chewed it in places. I told her if she wanted it, she could have it for free. Same with the coffee table. She's coming back this weekend to take almost everything I have left. I was planning on just leaving the stuff that didn't sell or gifting it to anyone interested because the house has been foreclosed.

What an awesome little turn of events that my accumulated stuff will help a woman who is starting the journey I started six years ago. I feel even more blessed than she must feel having found a way to furnish her house for practically nothing. I'm so happy to be able to pay it forward.

L
Old 09-03-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

That's awesome!!

What did you end up naming your new home?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Still haven't settled on a name, but it's looking like next week will be the launch, so I will decide by then. I can't smash a champagne bottle across the bow because I would probably break the RV, lol. But there will definitely be some kind of christening.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Wow. Just wow! That is amazing! Sometimes everything does come full circle, doesn't it? (((HUGS)))
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How about "Serendipity"?
Old 09-04-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceofpi View Post
How about "Serendipity"?
See! That's why I can't decide. So many great suggestions!

L
Old 09-04-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SERENITY IN FLIGHT

Just like your Eagle picture soaring high.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That gave me goosebumps, LTD!!! It's amazing how things fall into place when you're walking the path you're supposed to be walking!

I don't want to hijack your post, but my story is similar: When I left AXH, I had the clothes on my back and not much else. He refused to let me or the kids come pick up anything from the house and I didn't get even a pair of underwear until the divorce was final and he was court-ordered to give me my stuff. So I started out in an apartment with nothing. I just let people know I needed everything and people started digging through their "in the garage pile that's supposed to go to Salvation Army" and that's how my house was furnished. I bought a mattress and boxspring, that was it. Everything else was provided for me.

When I left, I couldn't afford to move any furniture with me. I posted on Facebook that I had an apartment full of furniture if anyone was interested. I got a couple of people saying "I need a chest of drawers" or "I'll take your cookware for my cabin" but nothing much. I was sitting in the airport, flying back to empty the apartment out, and I was kind of worried because I'd need to rent a truck, take everything to Goodwill, and I only had three days to do that and do the move-out cleaning. Right before boarding, I checked Facebook and had a message. A former coworker, a young mom who had moved out of state a couple of years earlier with her boyfriend, had discovered he was secretly doing drugs, and she was returning home. She had an apartment, but all her and the kids' belongings were what they could carry in three suitcases.

I told her to bring a truck and a trailer and she could have everything. I even had two kids' bikes that fit her kids.

Paying it forward feels so awesome. I'm so happy you got to do it. And doesn't it feel like verification from your Higher Power that you're on the right path?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is a huge blessing to her. I know it is a blessing to you as well, but remember when you were starting over, how expensive and how hard it was. I am betting she feels so blessed and her bucket feels full. I love when things like this happen. Blessings...
Old 09-04-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Tears and goosebumps. Thank you for sharing that.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Paying it forward feels so awesome. I'm so happy you got to do it. And doesn't it feel like verification from your Higher Power that you're on the right path?
Indeed it does.

L
Old 09-04-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow, that gave me chills!! What an incredible experience!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

SO COOL! If you ever find yourself in MT, PM me - I can send you to some amazing routes! Best wishes on your new adventure!
Old 09-04-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
SO COOL! If you ever find yourself in MT, PM me - I can send you to some amazing routes! Best wishes on your new adventure!
I definitely will! Glacier Nat'l Park has been on my list for a few years now. I'm tentatively thinking maybe June...
Old 09-04-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glacier is AMAZING - so is Yellowstone and the Cooke City highway. Your RV would see almost 11000 feet in elevation. I'm JEALOUS! Have SO much fun!