Is anyone able to live happily with an alcoholic?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Nope
Old 08-19-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi all I miss my hubby that I married 21 years ago so much, Iam 64, Ed is 60 this October.. the Doctor has now added another pain killer to his morphine.. he is to only use it when he feels necessary.. right I look into that face it is red puffy and eye are two small shiny orbs.. a face that once had hope and light and delight about it. now I carefully say things look into his Soul to see how he will react to things. and walk on egg shells for he will anger so fast today.. and he has to play what he calls games all the time. Its a game with the repair guy on the car a game with the telephone company a game with the city on bills and a bigger game with the Doctor.... why do we not leave.. I am working he is not.. in Wisconsin I would have to do all the payments for his up keep.. we live in my sons house .. I have to have the car to come and go to work.. the cards so to speak would be stacked against me 100%.. do I still love him very much my 2nd husband in 44 years the first beat me and hit the kids.. this one has to adult Males my boys that would harm him for sure if they thought for a minute he ever hit me... when he was not on pills he was the best.. now I am watching a Man die very slowly...and I get to hold the bits tight untill the end.. the Real World... drink I used to can't afford it anymore.. oh and the little bit I do guess who the problem is yep Hand in the Air Ladies the Bitch that he is married too.. funny isn't it but when their anger is at its peak suddenly that is the only time there are two in the team.. other wise its I Me and I wll be going doing or have done.. never WE US or my Wife and I .... had a lady at the fair try to hit on him... I stepped in and laid out 20 years of illness and pills and the factt he has not money .. just a ton of bills .. my Hubby ok kiddo you were saying .. run you should have seen her go.. ahahhaahha I miss my Friend Husband and Lover very much.. hold him tight until the day he no longer breathes and then I step back and weep on the ground and then will pull myself up and start another 24 alone... but no more of the anger or pills.. I may go over and punch a Doctor .. maybe.. we can say that here.. for even they are not to fault really.. well yes their are.. We just are not the Cause or the Problem.. love ardy.. milwaukee wisconsin
Old 08-19-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm with Hammer on that, another addict and that's abut it. As far as the "happily" part goes anyway.

I couldn't do it. Watching someone I love self destruct was awful. Watching Me
self destruct was even worse.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've met people in Alanon who are able to be happy DESPITE living with an active alcoholic. Seems like that's about the best one can hope for.
My personal answer to that one is also a no.