Courage To Change 08/16/14

Old 08-16-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Courage To Change 08/16/14

During stressful periods it can be tempting to skip a meal, push ourselves until we are totally exhausted, and generally ignore our basic needs. In the midst of crisis, taking time out for an Al-Anon meeting, a call to a Sponsor, or a breath of fresh air may seem like a waste of all-too-precious moments. There don’t seem to be enough hours in a day, and something has to go. But are we choosing wisely? At the very time we most need to take good care of ourselves, we are likely to do the opposite. If we decide that our needs are unimportant or that we’re too busy, we sabotage our own best interests. In times of crisis, we need to be at our best. By making an extra effort to get nutritious food, sleep, Al-Anon support, relaxation, and quiet time with our Higher Power, we strengthen ourselves physically, emotionally, and spiritually. This can make a difficult situation a little easier.

Today’s Reminder
I am the only one who can make my well-being my top priority. I owe it to myself to pay attention to the needs of my body, mind, and spirit.
“Putting ‘First Things First’ in troubled times often means finding whatever way I can to set aside my burdens, even if just for a moment, to make time for myself.”

. . . In All Our Affairs
Old 08-16-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's me (minus the Grumpy Cat avatar plus a 5 behind my name). I got locked out of my account and right now I cannot access it even on my cell but despite that minor technical difficulty, the daily readings go on
Old 08-16-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Back to normal