AM's blowing up my phone...

Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

AM's blowing up my phone...

It's funny, really. I haven't talked to her in over two years, and the only time she's attempted to contact me was on my birthday in June. I had Mr. Grits delete that message off my voice mail for me. Fast forward to today and hockeyerik's thread about CPS calling. I had said we haven't had contact with her in two years. And not five minutes later my phone starts blowing up and it's AM's number. She leaves messages, which I have no intention of listening to. Mr. Grits says he'll screen one for me "just in case." Whatever, I know her well enough to not even bother. Long story short, she's got this major sob story about her horrible week and how it could all be better if I'd just let her talk to the kids. She's going to check herself into "the worst motherf***ing place on earth" because we're all so horrible quack quack quack. She thinks that people don't tell me things (I don't ask) and that I don't know she's pissed away her life and her house goes up for auction next week. She's grasping at straws and hoping she can guilt someone into swooping in to save her. The last place she should be looking at is me or my family. These are the consequences of her drinking. To those who think their "functional" A's could never be one of *those* drunks, this woman retired from a very respectable position in the civil service. We are family friends of several high-ranking officers and a former Navy Surgeon General. This disease does not discriminate. Alcoholics are of all genders, colors, ages, and socioeconomic backgrounds. She's losing everything and is still blaming everyone but herself. This is how alcoholism works, folks.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, NWG. I know you've detached but it must be annoying. Hugs to you.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry... I hope she gets the help she needs.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry that is happening NW. It is so difficult to keep them away, they just don't listen. Sending peace your way.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh how irritating for you, but how AWESOME that you see right through the quacking to what she is really after (house, etc.). Hope she gets the hint & gives up without blowing your phone up for tooooo long.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

While "she" was gone to Rehab, the kids asked that I stop letting mom behave like what you are describing your AM / Momma Grits does We have a teaching story about it.

=======================

Storyline goes like this:

A Bear and a Rabbit are out in the Spring eating berries. After awhile both had to take a dump. The Rabbit goes to edge of the woods and poops out his little poops. The Bear comes over and lets the crap fly. And then rants, "I hate the way this S**t sticks to my fur!" The Rabbit mentions that it does not stick to his fur. The Bear looks over at the Rabbit and says, "In that case you will not mind . . ." And the Bear grabs the Rabbit and uses the Rabbit as toilet paper . . .

================

The kids have thanked me for stopping being the rabbit.

You are not AM / Momma Grits' toilet paper.

Good job on getting and saying out of that role.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Hammer! Where ya been?

Thank you, everyone. I wasn't expecting any responses; more just posting for those who maybe are still in the early days with their A's and thinking that it couldn't happen to them. It can, and it does. It's all just incredibly sad, the way she's let herself go. But then she started that before I was even born. My grandmother is having a really, really hard time with it. My aunt won't take her to the bank to make any money transfers so at least that's not a concern for anyone. Things finally quieted down after an hour, so I'm guessing she either gave up or passed out.