Courage To Change 08/04/14

Old 08-04-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 08/04/14

Tradition Three reminds me of two aspects of Al‑Anon that I cherish. First, I know that I can go to a meeting anywhere in the world and expect to find no other affiliation promoted by the group. The members will not try to sell me a religion, a treatment program, a therapy, a political platform, or anything else. Should any individual in the fellowship discuss any of these with me, I am free to take what I like and leave the rest. Second, I know that I meet the sole requirement for membership in Al-Anon: I have encountered a problem of alcoholism in a relative or friend. I do not have to dress, act, feel, speak, or work a certain way to belong. I do not have to believe or disbelieve. I am free to be myself. This is a come-as-you-are program.

Today’s Reminder
Al-Anon has come to my support—undiluted and with no strings attached—when I have needed it. I hope to pass it on in the same spirit.
“Tradition Three explains two ways in which my Al‑Anon friends and I can keep it simple. One is to avoid being diverted from our program by others, and two is to welcome into Al-Anon anyone who is suffering from the effects of another’s alcoholism.”
Al-Anon’s Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions