Courage To Change 07/24/14

Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 07/24/14

Every day I pray for knowledge of God’s will and the power to carry it out (Step Eleven). Then I try to trust that my prayer has been heard and will be answered. In other words, I trust that at some point in my day I will do God’s will. To me, doing God’s will doesn’t mean that I perform heroic acts on a daily basis; it means that, at any given time, smelling a rose or emptying waste baskets or washing the car may be exactly what is needed. I have a Higher Power that loves me as I am. When I learn to love myself as my Higher Power loves me, I believe I am doing God’s will.

Today’s Reminder
What loving action can I take today? Maybe I will make some time for nothing more practical than simple pleasure— a movie, a good book, or a breath of fresh air. Or perhaps I’ll deal with paper work that I’ve been avoiding. I could make a commitment to eat well and get the rest I need, or make amends for something that’s been on my mind. A simple gesture can be the beginning of a lifelong habit of self-love.

“God alone knows the secret plan Of the things he will do for the world
Using my hand.”

Toyohiko Kagawa
Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks as always, Carlotta, for posting these. So far today, God's will for me has included scrubbing tomcat whiz from the breaker box and the deep freeze in my garage. Love my neighbors but not their cat. Ha! While I was cleaning I had a bad attitude, feeling sorry for myself about being head of household. The garage is a man's territory and dammit, if I still had a husband who didn't love alcohol more than his family, he could have been cleaning the foul smelling nastiness. I'm actually deeply grateful I have this home for my children and myself. So no more complaining. But honestly speaking, there are still tinges of resentment even after all these years. Just tiny ones. It's much better to look at the mundane as God's will.