How do you do it? How to you get from here to there..

Old 07-09-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When I found out my AH was secretly drinking I asked him to get help, to stop. A year of him continuing to drink and lie was causing me so much stress and anxiety I was having trouble even focusing at work. I told him he would have to leave several times but never pushed it. Finally I said next time you come home after drinking you are moving out. It wasn't too long he did and I packed him clothes loaded his car and called his other and asked for him to stay there. He finally left. I guess he knew I finally meant it. So I really hadn't prepared, I just did it. As hard as it all is, I'm thankful everyday I got him out and saved myself. Please do take care of yourself and do things for you. It really does make a difference.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm exactly there right now. Separated from my husband and not knowing where he is or if he is safe drains me. I want to let go and be done but I feel like if I am gone he has nothing. He is currently homeless and has no phone won't keep a job so I'm the source of everything. I feel guilty about leaving but I know it's just a feeling. He traded our marriage and nearly all of our possession for his addiction and I feel bad.

Codependency stinks.