Lightbulb Moment.................

Old 05-26-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Moment.................

Control is abuse.

Very controlling men are abusive.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember clearly the first time I understood what was happening to me was abusive.

I had heard so much, read so much about abuse. I had no physical scars! But I was in absolute total denial.

Then one day, I finally confided in a friend, it all came pouring out. She listened, then grabbed my shoulders and told me to sit down. She sat down across from me, looked me straight in the eyes and said "do you understand that what he is doing is abusive"?

I was absolutely dumbfounded. I actually found it hard to speak for a few minutes.

But the lightbulb finally clicked on.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember when I had that ah ha moment. All the time AH was angry. Nothing I did was right. Everything wrong was my fault. One day AH was yelling at me about something totally out of my controlled. I started laughing hysterically. I said to him, "you must think I am a God. I have power over the universe."
Old 05-26-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
I remember when I had that ah ha moment. All the time AH was angry. Nothing I did was right. Everything wrong was my fault. One day AH was yelling at me about something totally out of my controlled. I started laughing hysterically. I said to him, "you must think I am a God. I have power over the universe."
I had a laughter fit like that. Happened the day mine sat there drunk telling me he wanted a life like his parents. Wanted to come home, sit in his recliner, have me bring him a drink and let him relax until dinner was on the table. Then after dinner I was supposed to clean the kitchen while he watched TV. I couldn't help it I started laughing.

He was furious that I was laughing. Told me my laughter proved how crazy I was.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Romeo's Bleeding - When Mr. Right Turns Out To Be Mr. Wrong -- Health & Wellness -- Sott.net