MY AH won he broke me

Old 07-05-2004, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy MY AH won he broke me

Hello Everyone, I haven't been here in over a week I have been very sick.
I tried so hard to have boundries, and tried to detatch but it just didn't work.......tried sleeping in another room because of his drinking. I had a grand mal sezuire last sat. while in my daughters room my 13 year old son found me. Scared him to death, so I was taken by ambulance to the ER. So I guess I didn;t win over the beer it is once again stronger than I am.

Have to tell you about this crazy trip to the ER...... They took blood while I lay there in and out, and the DR came in and tells me my blood alcohol level was .06 still not understand alot I understood THAT :cussing:
I said there is NO way I DO NOT drink!! He looks at me and say's yes you did and this is what caused your sezuire. SO at this time I am really confused thinking if he only knew what have been living through he would not even have secound guessed that.
SO I go see my family DR that knows me and he looks at the test and he say's The blood levels were messured in milameters and it was the alcohol :finger1: swab they cleaned my arm with
SO he ccalled the DR and gave him a peice of his mind.
Just thought I would share.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!! The swab caused it to be inaccurate??? I wonder how much that happens?? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I am so sorry that you have been so sick, will send prayers your way. Get your self well....this isn't a battle between you and beer...you have lost nothing, this is just a stepping stone on your path. Concentrate on getting better....don't expend yourself worrying about beer or the affects of it.......just focus on you!!! Do you have family or friend close by that could pitch in? Blessings, Constant
Old 07-05-2004, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

didn't win over the beer

and won't win over the beer. The beer isn't where your battle is nore is it your battle to deal with

You can win over the things you have control over. The sezuire was not in your control. A set back in your eyes to the desired outcome of your actions.

Rather then looking for outcomes... seek things for your own joy. refocus on to things that can bring you joy. Do for self. Take care of #1
The sezuire, now that you are in your own Dr's hands will be delt with correctly.
Let the Dr deal with that. Let the AH deal with the beer. You deal with bring joy to self.
A prayer for you as you find peace, health, and joy in your world.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Constant, and Best, THANK YOU for your support.
I feel all of my friends are not as close because I stoped doing things with them for fear of leaving the kids here with my AH., He is not abusive phy. BUT mentaly he is and they feel as long as he is drinking he has no right to tell them what to do.
I have come such a loooong way from my stroke and weeks on end in cleveland clinic., to right back where I started. MY hobby and joy in life are my children.
MY AH is so good at lieing and manipulating he believes himself. amazing how that works. I need more advice.... Thank you both (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Old 07-06-2004, 03:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WOW...excellent advice Best and Constant, ya'll are pretty awesome...

Daziemae,

God bless, and sorry for all you went through...no he didnt win, nor did you lose...you had no control over your seizure...
Sending YOU big hugs!
Sue
Old 07-07-2004, 07:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Here I am again having to pick my AH up off of the floor and his children helping.
He has me back in the room with him, you know that was what was alays keeping hi from sobriety,
Things were different for me this time.... I had made a loing pack with my 2 children that happened to check on me while I was sleeping and saw me in my sezuire and scared them to death thinking I was dying.... [B]THAT I would not allow his choices to drink effect me and my health that bad again.
SO tonight when he came home and fell in the floor and my children had to help him up and we had to fight with him to not drive, we decided we would go somewhere... he tried getting in the car with us. I said I DO NOT WANT YOU WITH ME. PERIOD GO HOME. I called his dad said you need to come get him. and I took my 16 year old step daughter driving she just got her permit and the other 2 children went to the ice cream store, and driving around.... left his drunk tail at home... We have decided to live with or without him. I have decided to give my children the best that I can with or without him.... if I give them enough love they will know what it is and will not miss seeing it...... GOD IS GOOD.... let go let God..... THANk you ladies... ((((HUGS)))))
Old 07-08-2004, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO!!!! I am so happy for you, doesn't it feel wonderful? Like a weight being lifted off you....one that you have been dragging around for a long time. (((((HUGS))))) For you and the children. YOU DO HAVE ENOUGH LOVE...and with God you CAN DO IT!!! Blessings, Constant