good news - I think

Old 05-01-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

good news - I think

So my lawyer in touch today re. XH letter from lawyer saying in short he has had a change of heart & is going to agree to almost everything I have proposed except that in the school term holidays he keeps his overnight if we are in town. If we were out of town on holiday then he would miss out. I thought about this??
What if I want to take 1 week off & just spend it with kids locally.
Who is he to say I can't do that when he won't even agree to have them in the holidays. Grrr.
Anyway my great friend gave me advise & have now gone back with counter offer, take his overnite out & I give him another overnight on the end of his contact weekend. That's fair & would work for all of us. I could still go away or not & the choice would be mine as long as I do it in a short timeframe.
He also put some blah blah thing in about if I needed an extra day he would give it to me if make up the day. I've gone back with "sure if same offered to me"
Anyway this is good news for me.
We are so close to settlement for now.
Apparently our new court date is this coming Tues so possibility that could still happen if he not like my offer.
Oh wait ...................just in as I'm writing this.
My lawyer has replied & said as I don't agree then we will need to go to court & added in my proposal looks muddly!
WTF
I politely sent back that my proposal was fair in that XH doesn't miss any days out & I am allowed to take a holiday with children, regardless of if I'm in town or not.
Man, there's just no winning sometimes.
Oh well my bubble was happy until my lawyer burst it.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Courts been thrown out for Tuesday prob cause he's away out of town for week not that he has told me yet that he can't have the kids this week! (my daughter mentioned it this morning)
Whatever, back to the waiting game.
I guess one good thing is I may call his bluff & if he thinks I'm not going to agree to his further ridiculous hiccups then he may agree to all?
Time will tell.
Back to one day at a time for me.