It's freeing, really

Old 04-18-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's freeing, really

This zero-tolerance for drug and alcohol abuse that I've acquired.

I think I told you we moved cross-country. Initially, we ended up in a multi-family rental where the landlord moved out of state shortly after we moved in. The girl across the hall moved her boyfriend in and there were constant DV, drinking, weapons situations. I didn't move thousands of miles to continue sleeping with a loaded gun under my mattress, so we up and moved again (telling the landlord he could stuff the broken lease where the sun don't shine).

So we're in a suburban neighborhood renting a tiny little house. Mostly retirees as neighbors. House right across from us is also a rental -- they're the "problem house" on the block with 5 cars and God only knows how many people living there. I was out raking the yard today and a car pulled up, parked in the middle of the street, and did a drug deal with one of the guys living there.

I took the plates and called the cops. I'll be damned if I'm gonna put up with drugs and booze everywhere I go.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know what you are talking about. I bought my new place, it was in April 2011. In May 2011, I hear fighting across the street from me. I don't know what possessed me, but I walked across the street, around midnight. I told them that I just got out of a DV situation, and that my windows are opened, and that I can hear everything that they are saying. I then left a DV card there. I then walked away, while they were both yelling at me to mow my weeds. I went back to sleep.

They are now friends of mine.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be careful!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you lillamy!!! It's also amazing how once we don't turn a blind eye to addiction BS and the accompanying behavior, that it's truly all around us isn't it?