OT - Salem, Ohio: what's it like?

Old 03-17-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - Salem, Ohio: what's it like?

I might be moving to that area, although it's not yet certain. Does anyone have any experience with this area?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry Choublak. I have not stepped foot in OH in 22 years. Hopefully this is a good opportunity for you?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
I have not stepped foot in OH in 22 years. Hopefully this is a good opportunity for you?
LOL. Not stepped foot in OH, as in stayed away?

Yeah, hopefully.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Best place (that I know of) to ask these type things is City-Data.com.

They will have an Ohio Forum, and pick the nearest large city, and folks are usually VERY straight-forward about telling you the good, bad, schools, housing, shopping, jobs, on and on.

There are a few Real Estate folks who tend to track the site(s) as well, for better or worse.

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more

Ohio Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum
Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am ambivalent about Ohio Choublak. OH holds what was a summer tradition and bragging rights when I was a kid - Cedar Point! Steelman knows the state I despise and I will spare you the details.

Anyway, I've taken OSU into the sweet sixteen so they better keep my bracket looking nice and neat! Rare days for me to root for that entity.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Best place (that I know of) to ask these type things is City-Data.com.

They will have an Ohio Forum, and pick the nearest large city, and folks are usually VERY straight-forward about telling you the good, bad, schools, housing, shopping, jobs, on and on.

There are a few Real Estate folks who tend to track the site(s) as well, for better or worse.

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more

Ohio Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum
Actually I'm a member of that site, but the threads there are slow (compared to here) and I'm impatient...

What IS the nearest large city to Salem?