kinda need some advice :/

Old 03-12-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kinda need some advice :/

Okay, so... my A is way out there and I feel like I'm ready to actually put my foot down now. I'm not too entirely sure if he's just too far gone to care anymore but in all reality thats his fault for letting this consume him. I'm just not too entirely sure on how to continued or if I even said it right. >_> I know its all tricky business but here's what I wrote him. I have barely talked to him in weeks because he's bingeing on his tax money sooooo...

I'm not too entirely sure what's going on with you but this whole cat and mouse thing has gotten old. I guess when you ever make up you're mind to come talk to me get ahold of me but as of right now I'm taking your silence and choices as me needing to move on.

I have better prospects and things to do with my life besides trying to resuscitate and withered ans broken man. I love you very much. Yes I do believe we could be happy but in order for that to ever happen you're going to have to stop and look at urself (just like me I'm in no way excluding myself from this situation) its all up to you but I'm not waiting around anymore.

I love you to pieces. TO PIECES. But I don't love your self destructive behavior. So... like I said I hope u wake up before its too late because my bandaids off and its selfish of me to keep dragging these kids through your explosions. (Not saying I'm completely innocent but I'm not hiding from reality)

End quote.... I have to stick to it and I'm prepared for that because my baby's gone. and I have to real with the walking wreck accordingly so.... I guess... was that like... the right way to do it or did I mess up?? Thanks everyone -tears- I can do it! Just needed some advice or input I guess because I just don't know.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

If he is bingeing on his tax refund, might as well not spill your guts so he knows how to lure you back in.

Dear X, I'm taking your silence and choices as a clear sign for me to move on. Honshine

Good byes are always tough. Hugs!
Old 03-13-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Balls...
Old 03-13-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Code Job's right--once he's through the tax money, he'll be looking for someone to keep
funding his party. Hopefully, that won't be you.

You do deserve better, but as long as you keep waiting for him you won't be able to find it.

I'm sorry Honshine, it is clear how much you love this man, but he can only love
his addiction right now.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

its selfish of me to keep dragging these kids through your explosions.

^^^this is the key. hang on to this bit when times get tough. the kids deserve better AND SO DO YOU.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Take your power back, protect you and the kids, and live your lives free of addiction.

The "if you ever make up your mind to come talk to me, get a hold of me" is leaving the door wide open. In his sick head, he figures he has you on the hook.

If he wants help, he will seek it out.

If you want to send a clear message, go no contact. If it's not about the kids, you really don't need to say a word to him.

Stick to the facts, do not allow your emotions to rule.

I understand how painful this is, BUT you do have the power of Choice , you get to choose an acceptable standard of living for you and the kids, you get to choose not to have addiction rule your household, you get to choose how you want to be treated, and
you get to choose what you are willing to expose your children to, your kids do not deserve to live like this and neither do YOU.

Be strong, my friend.