Deadly Codies On A Friday Night..date Night!!

Old 06-25-2004, 10:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Deadly Codies On A Friday Night..date Night!!

:sink Well, here it is a Friday night and of course, my very social 24 year old addict is out on a date. At least the young man is driving. I know that they will drink...but knowing and being able to change that fact is impossible. So I wait...luckily I am an insomniac..I don't know why I say lucky, it just means I can stay up later to worry more. i have decided not to say anythink about her hour of return....and i am not going to call to see exactly where she is and when she plans on returning...That is always a hard thing for me not to do...a little information (and it could be lies, you know) makes this codie feel better...just a little. Many young people of her age group seem to drink as an expected ,average thing when they go out or go to a party. It is unfortunate...I remember when I was that age, in college, we drank some but not with the open and early age these young have started...they were all drinking in high school ...an age that my generation would never have considered. We just had no idea to even consider that behavior. Those were entirely different times..never to be revisitied.
I think it is such a pattern of behavior for her...but she already has a new boyfriend...she never goes more than a few days without one...lucky for her she is a beautiful girl and always has someone wating . But i think it proves she is not happy with herself...she has to have makl
I am determined not to do the codie thing and worry all night..I try and sometime I even succeed. Pray for me to keep my word and srength of determination. Good night my dear friends..,you have all been so supportive and kind to me/ may God smile on you!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

3 sons out tonight.
All I can do is leave them in God's hands. When the phone rings at 2 AM and the fear fills for that moment...I say a quick prayer.
2 AM seems to be the hour they like to call when they are staying at a friend's house. If they knew the feeling they can put in a parent (when they are parents they will know) Can only guide them so far. Beyond that they are in God's hands. (my car keys are in my hands) They know my wishes and all 3 are over 21. Guide as we can but realize things need come from a change they are seeking. And just keep praying
Old 06-26-2004, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KingsWeaver, We Are One

For you both!

My hugs and prayers go out to both of you, I had a sister at a very young age that I worried about all the time, not something a teenager should have to do, but I did just the same.

You are both right when you say they are in Gods hands and he will watch over them, in the meantime try hard as you can to just not worry, I know easier said than done.

I have a 14-1/2 year old stepdaughter that has finally got her head straight, I just pray it stays straight, her and I do a lot of talking and we are finally getting very close again. Now that took a lot of work, she was in a shell for way to long. She is coming along fine now Yea she still has her moments but God will watch her.

My prayers to both of you,
Penelope