Wormhole on Reality?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wormhole on Reality?

I’ve been having a horrible time for several days with concentration. I totally feel like I hop like a flea from moment to moment at work. Last night I managed to run and felt ‘normal’ at the gym. When I got home I ate dinner with my family. I could not comprehend things. I would hear conversation, and nod/respond, but I was not really there… Within minutes I would ask a question that had been previously answered! Both my RAH and my critter shook their heads and asked me, “Where was I?” And I really did not know. So I took a shower and put myself to bed.

So this morning I am looking for my car keys. I have a newer car that you just have to have the key fob and away you go! For some reason this adjustment has been hard for me as I have no set home for the key fob. In a normal car your key went into the IGNITION. It will be in my pocket, in any part of any purse, in my briefcase, in my coat, in my running zip pocket, in the cupholder, in another open compartment, or heck on the floor because I had slammed on the brakes and it went flying… In the house I have made myself a drop spot for them, but only the spares were sitting there. Uh oh. I need the set with my work keys. RAH is outside smoking and watching me seek work key - key fob.

When I found the (&%*$(&% key fob in the cupholder. Anyone could have driven off with my car last night. You can’t LOCK it if there is a key fob in it. I clearly took my purse, work bag, water bottle, and gym bag out of my car last night and left the key fob right there. RAH kept his mouth shut. I’m sure we were both wondering, “Where is my brain?”

Is it so busy whirring around me trying to recover and stay out of his business that I am going to kill myself by running into traffic or lose my car? Am I the only one in a daze?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I graduated from college and grad school, the weeks surrounding graduation days were fuzzy. I actually got worried that I had a brain problem like a mini stroke around my college graduation because my memory was shot. It stopped. Years later around the second graduation I had the same experience. Not sure what it is, maybe you are just busy and very preoccupied. Tell your therapist for sure.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nope I am in a daze too. My kids have to repeat stuff because I am lost in my own head sometimes. I searched for my cup of coffee this morning for half an hour...looked on the kitchen counter, in the microwave, asked my son if he had dumped it in the sink (stared suspiciously at the three cups in the sink and tried uselessly to remember what cup I had been using) before finding it...on my desk next to my keyboard. Sigh. Dunno if its sheer mental exhaustion or what. I am taking it as a sign that I need to take a break...sort of like a mini vacation...from everything so I can get my head back on straight. The lack of sleep, nightmares, crying fits, long emotional talks with friends and family, all of it has just wiped me out. I think its just absolute overload and my poor brain...or heart...cannot take any more. Maybe its time to put aside this turmoil, for just a few hours, and do something UNSTRESSFUL and noncommittal. Play a board game with the kids. Take a long walk somewhere pretty. Or a looong bath. Roast smores since the weather is better... something simple that doesn't take too much brainpower. Give your heart and head some space to breathe for a bit.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ofelia, I love smores. Please have one for me! OK. I'm a little relieved it might be a normal thing. I am definitely preoccupied....
Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think everyone gets like this sometimes. It's annoying though. Maybe you need to sloooow down and be more conscious about what you're doing in the moment. I know when I am rushing my head is all over the place.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello CodeJob, and pleased to "meet" you

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
.... Am I the only one in a daze?
Nope. Been there, done that. This is the way it works for me, see if any of this applies to you.

The reason I went googling thru the web and found SR was because my life was _not_ all butterflies and bunnies. My life was a trainwreck, so why would I expect my mental state to be all happy and full of butterfiles and bunnies?

As I worked on fixing the problems in my life, learning from al-anon and the fine folks here on SR, my mental state improved a _lot_. Basically, it's way easier for me to use my mind to manage _my_ life when I don't have anybody else's life to manage.

Mike
Old 02-19-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today was better. I was much better at focusing at work. Got a lot done.

My HP spread the work out with some cancellations too. Made the best of it.