Dating and adversion to alcohol

Old 02-15-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dating and adversion to alcohol

Having a beer or a glass of wine is classic dating behavior, especially if the date is in the evening. I found in my 5 years with my ex-ab I have developed an aversion to drinking and this even extends to an aversion to watching someone drink. Even a completely normal glass of wine makes me feel uncomfortable. If they order a second, I start getting anxious. I think because my exab was a secret closet drinker I have lost a bit of my self trust. I see everyone as a closet drinker.

Does anyone else have that experience? How does one deal with it?

Thx
Old 02-15-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

oh I have it all planned out.

Thought about this a lot. Usually when I instead should be working, or working on my own stuff, or even playing with the kids . . . .

IF I find myself post-Mrs. Hammer . . . . with any potential replacements, we are sitting down with a couple shots of hard stuff and doing "Show-Me-You-Can-Drink-Just-One."
Old 02-15-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Date a Muslim.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me it has been something of a progression. In the beginning, I was angry as hell at alcohol. I couldn't stand to be around anyone drinking any amount at all. Then, slowly, the pendulum leveled out. I learned how to relax around non-alcoholic drinkers. However, I still feel anxious around those who over-indulge. It's a self-protection thing. You will find your balance in time.

L
Old 02-16-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you for your words. It's good to know that it's something that will probably pass in time.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I never had a problem with people consuming booze in my presence but I can get really annoyed if I see when peoples' words don't match their actions ("I'll call you tonight" - then don't). I know it's part of life and happens to me too, but my first reaction often is" HERE WE GO AGAIN". Maybe I just got more selective about people and how to spend my time.