Moving forward and things I learned.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving forward and things I learned.

I have been thinking about my recent posts about my life since divorcing exah. I read them see only the negatives. Granted I have been going through a lot this past year. However in reflection I recognize that there have been positives as well.
I learned several lessons from my life with my exah - in a good way he gave me the opportunity to see how I was ignoring my needs/ wants to accommodate others'. I thought I was only a worthy person if I was doing for others and felt it was wrong to do things for myself - including going to doctors instead of work.

I realize the guilt I carried wanting to do things for myself and between him and the past year - I just let go of the guilt and focused on doing what was necessary for me. That may have resulted in some consequences I don't like but I can deal with them. I did not used to think I could.

I thought others would not help me and found there are many who have reached out to assist with anything I needed - including organizing a closet so that I can easily reach the things I need most without injuring myself.

So I have learned some important things and have gratitude for the learning and can appreciate the new opportunities I may come in contact this year.

Thanks for reading and please share your positive experiences if you like.