Ridiculous question from a beginner

Old 06-14-2004, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ridiculous question from a beginner

This is really a stupid question that is insignificant when compared with all the good that is done on this site...so please excuse and forgive my curiosity...some members have lovely pictures under their name...the picture is always the same so that I gather it is thier chosen trademark. Where can I or can I get one and how. The how being the biggest part. Sorry for taking up space with something this silly.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

click on User CP link in blue bar above.

go to edit avatar

there are several to choose from.

does that help??

someone else gave me my owl. Thanks whoever did that.......an admin person I would guess!!
Old 06-14-2004, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i agree...however it happens that we got the pics.... i would have searched and searched and found the one i have that shows up with my name now too. its amazing. i love the picture. it is serenity and has a lot of meaning to me. still waters and stone bridges have always been my passion.

i just thought my HP was working thru someone is how i chalked it up. thanks HP.. and thanks voice of HP here in soberrecovery.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Not silly

User CP top left. Click and you will see a list of options. Avitar/signiture/profile pic... Instructions there. If not understandable some one can help as need be.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Frannie, Ann is the Avatar Goddess at Sober Recovery.
She will be along soon to give you some suggestions.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Goddess??? LOLOL. Frannie, it's not silly. I can teach you how to do it yourself, it's a little tricky but fun once you know how, and if you want me to just PM me. OR, if you have something you would like or a special fondness for something, send me a PM and I will find one just for you, and if you don't like it we can change it, no problem.

I get my pic's from Google images, save them to "my pictures" use a program called Irfanview (a free and safe download) to shrink them to the proper size and then on the User CP at the top of each page I go in and click on "Change Avatar" and use "Custom Avatar" and upload my pic.

Either way, send me a PM and we will get you something wonderful!!

I love changing mine often, and those who know me know that my cat Toby is my special baby, so I often use cats that remind me of him.

Hugs
Ann