What to do ?

Old 12-04-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

syrius, it sounds like you know this is just going to keep getting worse.

I know you love him, but as long as he can find a way to get alcohol and to have a place to live, and food, etc. without having to take care of himself he will not have to change.

Meanwhile, he is really hurting you financially and emotionally.
What do you need to take care of yourself in this situation?
Think about it and do it. He is a grown man and should be responsible for himself.

Like you said, you "have a right to be happy and not be abused by a bottle"
Old 12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

He has ring the alcohol services . he agreed to go though detox. He needs to talk to his boss to book a week off and some blood test from his gp . then they will give him his treatment.

He has hut me financially. However, I am not blameless as I have done the ostrich and buried my head into the sand. I should have tackled it a lot sooner.

He is my carer also, which make things again a bit more complicated. There are few things I cannot do by myself any more. So I kinda feel trapped at the moment.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

He has ring the alcohol services . he agreed to go though detox. He needs to talk to his boss to book a week off and some blood test from his gp . then they will give him his treatment.

He has hut me financially. However, I am not blameless as I have done the ostrich and buried my head into the sand. I should have tackled it a lot sooner.

He is my carer also, which make things again a bit more complicated. There are few things I cannot do by myself any more. So I kinda feel trapped at the moment.

I think I am confused at the moment about my feeling towards him. they vary from love to anger.