Birthday Blues

Old 11-13-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Happy B-Day

Happy B-day. Sorry you've got a crappy self-absorbed, alcoholic to come home to every day. I know what that's like. I'm up all night freaking out about how to make a life for myself and my daughter, while she's sawing logs with a good bottle buzz of Chardonnay. Also too bad you've got that giant P as your logo. IU looks so much better. Bitter rivalries not withstanding, I feel for ya.

My wife is a fun, lovely woman I married 21 years ago. She's a recent breast cancer survivor, having had chemo, radiation, double mastectomy and hysterectomy in the past two years. Never did any of this greatly interfere with her wine time. She was able to incorporate a new twist with the fish-bowl of prescription drugs she was forced to get aquainted with during her various treatments. She's totally consumed now from 4:00 on every day.

Sorry to go off on my own tangent. Your post - should be about you. Dude, alcoholic love sucks. I don't care anymore. I love her, but her love is hollow. Booze sucks the life out of them, doesn't it? Give yourself the gift of self-respect.
Make a positive change. I'm going to town this morning to do some important things for myself. Get life insurance for my daughter's security, get eye exam to check out recent change in vision, talk to some business partners about my screwed up situation that will probably queer a big deal we're working on. Maybe check out alanon. A real "me" day. Oh so fun.

I'm sure that none of this helps your situation, other than to know that there are other messed up relationships due to alcoholic wives. Stay strong, walk tall (like a Hoosier). It's ok, I've even got a brother who's a Boiler and I still respect him. Best of luck.

Lucan
Old 11-13-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Steelman,

I'm glad you got to go have fun with your friends and family! Happy Birthday!!

If what you are asking is "Should I give her even more allowances for her bad behavior because she is an alcoholic?", then I think my answer would be no.

We all have choices in any relationship. The power to decide what you are or are not willing to accept is in your hands.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the thoughtful responses. I really have no right to pout and complain as I am only accepting what i get as "good enough".
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Steelman..I was having login in problems yesterday so I could not log on but wanted to. I wish you a belated Birthday. It is definitely her loss!!! I hope you were still able to find some joy in your day!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by steelman1649 View Post
Thank you all for the thoughtful responses. I really have no right to pout and complain as I am only accepting what i get as "good enough".

wow. Almost made it a day there.

============

Climbed out of his little shell,

( . . . . protesting most strongly . . . . )

then crawled back in his little hell.

See you next year.

============

Not so much dogging you.

Interesting to see me in you.

THIS is why I do not go to Alanon Men's Meetings.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hope you enjoyed your birthday Steelman

Everyone deserves a nice day , hope deekers cake cheered you up xx