Anyone have experience with PFA''s

Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone have experience with PFA''s

My PFA on AH expires on the 22nd. It is one with contact initiated by myself. I recently left my house to go back to AH to try to work things out since I thought he was doing better. Did he ever have us all convinced. Two children 11 & 8 yrs old. He is drinking every day, lost his job, pissed in his sleep, had an accident with his truck sat night while drinking. No license for 2nd DUI, and then yesterday we were at a counseling session and he got loud with me and told me to shut up. Counselor stopped him real quick and actually had me leave the room to do us individually. He also told him that he "popped a couple extra xanax to keep him calmer"!!!!!! He spends alot of time in his garage working on projects and drinking. He stated that the stairs go both ways and if me or kids want to spend time with him that we can come down to him...... My daughter cried last night and said she is done with him and just wants out. She is eleven. Broke my heart and I know I have let her down. I am ready to end this for the final time. I do not have the funds to get another apartment right away, can I extend PFA and have him removed from home temporarily?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I don't know what a PFA is... s it a type of personal protection order? If it is, I'm afraid that the existing order is null and void since you have violated it by living together again. Is there any way you can consult with a recommended attorney in your area to find out what are your rights in this situation?

Sending hugs and happy thoughts for you and your children!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
I don't know what a PFA is... s it a type of personal protection order? If it is, I'm afraid that the existing order is null and void since you have violated it by living together again. Is there any way you can consult with a recommended attorney in your area to find out what are your rights in this situation?

Sending hugs and happy thoughts for you and your children!
I don't believe I violated it because it was a contact Pfa. So I can do the contact or live there, he can just not violate.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

what is it he cannot VIOLATE then? the order was in place to protect YOU, however you MADE the choice to move you and the kids back in with him. I think you need to contact to police or the judge and find out where things stand.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AH is only one that can violate the PFA because it is directed for him, not myself. I had to go back and double check on that. There just can not be any kind of abuse in any form.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you can get a pfa on someone that you live with
Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

but as you mentioned before it is HIS house....I don't think kicking someone out of the home THEY own, and owned prior to the marriage, is the best approach? that's just me. I am a homeowner and i'd be damned if anyone told me to leave cuz they didn't like my behavior.........
Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
but as you mentioned before it is HIS house....I don't think kicking someone out of the home THEY own, and owned prior to the marriage, is the best approach? that's just me. I am a homeowner and i'd be damned if anyone told me to leave cuz they didn't like my behavior.........
I had him removed before with a PFA. Not saying I want the home, but until I can find another place for me and kids.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was told by an attorney here in MO that the only way to have someone removed is by filing for an exparte because they are a physical threat to you or your children. He said if there is no exparte the judges will not remove either spouse from the home until a divorce is final.

I am not familiar w/your situation and what orders are out there but wanted to let you know what I have been advised here in MO anyways.