Monday reflections.........

Old 06-03-2002, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday reflections.........

Hello friends, I find myself thinking that the situation I am in with my husband is not so bad. Yes, he has a drinking problem. But the problem behaviors are somewhat mild. And there is so much about him that I like and enjoy and even depend on. But here is my problem:
When he has angered me with one of his behaviors, or I am under a lot of stress(not his fault) I get SO angry. My anger doesn't match the situation, most times. So what is going on? Is it possible I am displacing anger about something else on my husband? And how do I detach when this anger is lurking so near the surface? Please don't think I am trying to minimize my husband's problem, it is definately there. But it could be much worse. So how do I handle my anger when I am in the anger? When I am angry I am not very logical. Thanks
Old 06-03-2002, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rose

Sometimes when I am feeling angry or testy and really don't know why, I sit down and make a list of everything that annoys me, bothers me or angers me. I write as fast as it comes to my mind, even if it doesn't make sense.

Then I go over the list to decide why I wrote that and finally what can I do about it.

It helps. Doesn't solve all my problems, but helps me keep my moods in order (and I have lots of moods LOL)

Hugs
Old 06-03-2002, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I found I was doing this because I had unresolved anger that I wasn't able to let out. I exploded one night and yelled horribly at my son and all the critisism stopped. I'm sure it could build back up again. I think it bothered me because he would always be defensive when I would express my anger and that would build more anger.

MG