Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

Old 02-09-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

The fear of listening the voice mail from your XAH, only to listen to it and realize he's being completely normal, and you sigh in relief.

He actually paid his half of ds's medical bill without complaining. I'm still in shock, andit's sad, IMO that I am shocked over something most people don't even give a second thought too.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to take their Abf everywhere because he lost his licsences AGAIN.

Normies don't sit in court wishing the judge would impose the maximum sentence just to save your Abf's life. . .they don't sit in court at all.

Normies have to keep track of multiple doctors that prescribe the same thing.

Normmies know when to walk away from a sick person and don't run after them when they leave.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to take their Abf everywhere because he lost his licsences AGAIN.

Normies don't sit in court wishing the judge would impose the maximum sentence just to save your Abf's life. . .they don't sit in court at all.

Normies don't have to keep track of multiple doctors that prescribe the same thing.

Normmies know when to walk away from a sick person and don't run after them when they leave.

Normmies get to stay to the end of the party

Normies plan morning activities because their Abf isn't going to sleep til 4 in the afternoon.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Normies don't pick their mum up from the hospital after a horrid bender, and then have said mother ask the cab to stop at a liquor store before they get home (nor do they watch their mother get served at said store even though she still has her hospital bracelet on).

(That one still outrages me)
Old 02-09-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
Normies don't pick their mum up from the hospital after a horrid bender, and then have said mother ask the cab to stop at a liquor store before they get home (nor do they watch their mother get served at said store even though she still has her hospital bracelet on).

(That one still outrages me)

Spalding, I got you. My mom once totaled her car (and the other party's car) while driving drunk, and got the TOW TRUCK DRIVER to let her stop at the liquor store on the way to her house.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to lie for anything about their partner...

Shouldn't I be proud?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Normies don't drive 10 mph below the speed limit on a road trip to see their parents in hopes that ABF will sober up by the time they get there.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Normies don't know the enormous relief that comes months after kicking ABF to the curb!
I can keep Nyquil in my house again! And Benedryl! And I can buy a 6 pack of beer, so that I can have one if I want.

I am no longer chained to his addiction!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Themeanone View Post
And I can buy a 6 pack of beer, so that I can have one if I want.

I am no longer chained to his addiction!

YUP! After my xabf moved out i went out and bought some beer for my fridge. I dont even think i drank one for weeks after i got it, but i just wanted to have it because i was finally able to without the fear!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Amen! My girls and I have been sick and not once have I had to worry about what meds we are taking!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Normies are not told their new haircut does not suit them
Normies are not told a new piece of clothing does not suit then and makes them look fat/ugly
Normies are not told that a new perfume smells horrible on them
Normies are not told that, despite having a successful career, they are unsuccessful and can't do things to the same standard as STBEAH
Normies do not look up electro therapy on google in an attempt to cure the ever creeping co die traits in a daydream affectionately entitled "to remove memory then run"
Normies do not lie in bed alone and wish they had left toy cars and Lego bricks on the top two steps and landing
Normies do not auto wake when the sound of snoring from elsewhere in the house stops
Normies do not consider leaving the dishwasher door open and the rack out after leaveing dirty sharp knives pointing upwards in the cutlery rack on the bottom shelf

Never did any of above nor would I but it did feel good to think it
Old 02-10-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SHETRIM View Post
Normies do not lie in bed alone and wish they had left toy cars and Lego bricks on the top two steps and landing

Normies do not consider leaving the dishwasher door open and the rack out after leaveing dirty sharp knives pointing upwards in the cutlery rack on the bottom shelf

Never did any of above nor would I but it did feel good to think it
This made me chuckle! I have never booby trapped the stairs or left sharp knives pointing upwards but I have intentionally not picked up things left by my A. If he trips on it in the middle of the night, it is his own damn fault!

Normies do not automatically know ift is a "drinking" night simply due to where the A parked when he got home from work.

Driveway= sober
Side yard = drinking
Old 02-10-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Normies don't have to start their car for 2 years by blowing in an emissions device.

Normies don't have relationships with other alcoholics for most of their adult lives then find themselves with out a partner in midlife & not sure they would know how to have a normal relationship.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Normies don't have their adult children giving them relationship advice
"Mom, you can't help him. You think you're being nice, but you're sick too" from my 27 year old 5 year sober daughter.

Normies don't hide relationships from their adult children- my 23 yr old marine son would have none of it.
Normies don't wake up in the middle of the night to find their Abf gone, think he might have gone to the bathroom but panic realizing he's left the house and look at the clock every hour until daylight when he returns only to sleep the day away with no explanation.

Normies don't wake up in wet beds because their Abf decided to have a bowl of cereal in bed and nodded out dumping an entire gallon of milk in the bed.

Normies don't have to try and explain to a 39 year old man why partying with 18 year old co workers is unacceptable.

Normies don't know which pubs in their town sell heroine and which has the weed.

Normies get to go on vacation and not lie about having a great time.
Normies don't have to try and counter act the mother of an Abf who in the Queen of co dependency.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Normies don't know what it's like to have a partner chronologically a decade younger, mentally 2 decades younger and physically 30 years older.

Normies don't know what it's like to give all you are and have so that someone can get clean and you can have a normal life Together only to be dumped because they now want a normal life, just not with you.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Normies dont see a bottle of soya sauce out of the corner of their eye and get knots in their stomach cause it looks like a bottle of red wine :-(
Old 02-12-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Normies don't second guess everything that comes out of their partners mouth.

Normies don't look back at old photos looking for ONE where their partner may not have been drunk or high
Old 02-13-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to call their spouses before coming home, just to see if they are drunk / angry / sad, so they can be mentally prepared for what the night has in store.

Normies don't usually get anxiety when they pull into their own driveway.

Normies aren't scared to talk to their spouses about their feelings.

Normies don't wish their dry husbands would just drink again already so we could just get this BS*** over with and get divorced.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Oh Ducky and Kboys - the photos...and realizing he isn't sober in a one of them..

and the anxiety to go home after work.

These are all usually so painfully funny, and those resonate with me so much it is just painful.

MYGOD. We deserve so much more.

(((HUGS))) to all of us still living with the quackers.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

This thread has been split and continues here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5200170

Mike
Moderator, SR