No contact - but want some of my belongings back

Old 08-19-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No contact - but want some of my belongings back

So I've gone no contact with my AXBF for the past three months. I've made incredible progress, and am thrilled with the steps I've taken on my road to recovery.

I have no real desire to contact my AXBF...have no delusions that things will be "normal." There's too much rage and resentment directed towards me, and no real desire to change on his part. Lord knows I gave him many chances.

But there are some personal belongings of mine at his place of extraordinay sentimental value to me. I made the concious decision when I left to let many things go....I say I "lost them in the fire." But I really want these items back. I'm not sure how to handle this. I know if I contact him it will be nothing but anger and vitriol. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to handle this situation. I have contacted his step-father, thinking that perhaps as owner of the property, he would help me organize the retrival of my items, but I have heard nothing back.

Should I break no contact to get my things back? Or just let them go? It breaks my heart that I would lose items of such importance to me. But I suppose it is the price I am willing to pay for my sanity.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, pay the price for your sanity.

Contact may set you back big time.