Full moon tomorrow: be kind to yourselves

Old 07-21-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Full moon tomorrow: be kind to yourselves

Hi everyone,

I didn't always believe in this, but the full moon is tomorrow and I have definitely noticed first hand that people's emotions and behaviors can be accentuated during this time, positive or negative. Don't let yourself get baited if your A is in your life and struggling, and regardless, do some extra kind and positive things for yourself!! Just read this, sharing for those so inclined:

From a blog called Mind Body Green:

The full moon is a time of positive opportunity if you use it correctly. It can increase your positive energy or conversely, it can wreak havoc on your emotions.

Since the full moon pours down a tremendous amount of energy, you must be in a calm state of mind to receive a positive effect. Remember that whatever is going on in your body, mind and spirit will be amplified.

If you are angry, you will feel angrier or if you are happy, you will feel happier. During the full moon, the ocean swells and emergency rooms have more patients. The energy is very powerful so it’s important to direct it with positive intention.

Crazy energy as well as loving energy will be intensified. Knowing this is a huge opportunity for your emotional and spiritual growth.

Below are five tips from Feng Shui Your Life for using the energy of the full moon (two days before and two days after) in the most fortuitous way:

1. Refrain from arguing and getting angry.

The full moon is the time to stay calm, let things go, breathe deeply through difficult moments and forgive others for their mistakes. Seriously, if you can’t let something go and need to communicate it (which I recommend), try to postpone sharing your upset until at least two days after the full moon. Whatever happens at this time is multiplied. It’s like having emotional fertilizer. Keep the energy moving in a happy, uplifting direction at home, work, in the car and in your every day interactions.

2. Think positive thoughts.

We all know we should think positively as much as possible but during the full moon, you’ll have a wind at your back. Your positive thoughts will be energized and multiplied. Even if you spend five minutes when you wake up and go to sleep thinking about the positive things in your life, you’ll be doing yourself a big favor.

For example, you could write a gratitude list or a thank you note to the Universe for all you have. You could look in the mirror and say nice things to yourself. You could take a walk and notice all the beauty around you. Imagine that your positive thoughts are sprinkled with full moon glitter that makes them grow exponentially.

3. Envision your dreams manifesting.

The full moon is a perfect time to do your manifestation techniques. Spend time imagining your goals and writing them down on paper. It’s also a great time to make a vision or “manifestation board.” To do this, place pictures and words of your goals on a cork or poster board and place it where you can see it every day. Spending time focusing on your dreams during the full moon gives it extra juice!

4. Meditate by yourself or in a group.

Since the full moon pours down so much energy, meditating during this time creates calm, mindfulness and stillness. You can do it by yourself in a sacred space in your home.

You can also connect with other like-minded friends to meditate in a group. There are many spiritual centers, yoga studios and online groups that come together for a full moon meditation. It’s very powerful to meditate in a group.

5. Send blessings to people in need.

Since you have the full moon power behind you, send healing energy, forgiveness, pink light and loving-kindness to friends, family, colleagues, and strangers. In addition, send peaceful energy to the places in the world experiencing strife, hardship, poverty and war. It has huge benefits for them and as a bonus, you create loads of good karma.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think it's nonsense. Actually, if I went into some of my beliefs I'm sure many would think I was a lunatic
Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Onawa, I'm not certain, but I think the word lunatic has its origins as something to do with the moon (la Luna!!!).
Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I think the pun was intended.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

*smiles*
Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Minx

Ha, now I know why I'm a total nut job at the moment, tis sooo nice to have something to blame, *****oo it's that dam moon again,lol

My poor poor husband, lol
Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Let's all go outside tomorrow night and howl. aaahhhh ooooooooooooo
Old 07-21-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Minx

Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Let's all go outside tomorrow night and howl. aaahhhh ooooooooooooo
I lov your sense of humour, I quite like a good ol howl every now and again, lol
Old 07-22-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I once had a friend in Alanon who was an ER nurse and she said the ER was always packed during the full moon, so I believe it.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes, I've read things about that, things like the ER being busier during a full moon, even more pets being brought in to see the vet. Some of it probably had to do with increased light at night. But, I truly don't think that's all there is to it.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnawaMiniya View Post
I don't think it's nonsense. Actually, if I went into some of my beliefs I'm sure many would think I was a lunatic
I think we might just share common ground - not just with our ideas/beliefs but humor as well, lol.

I've watched the moon cycles so carefully over the last couple of years that I can almost pinpoint the full/new moons just by feel, lol. I often start new habits or points of my recovery on the New Moon & nurture them/focus on them through the culmination of the full moon.

Yesterday was also the official end of the mercury retrograde period we've been in (which are alwasy challenging for me) so ***** all around!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I think we might just share common ground - not just with our ideas/beliefs but humor as well, lol.

I've watched the moon cycles so carefully over the last couple of years that I can almost pinpoint the full/new moons just by feel, lol. I often start new habits or points of my recovery on the New Moon & nurture them/focus on them through the culmination of the full moon.

Yesterday was also the official end of the mercury retrograde period we've been in (which are alwasy challenging for me) so ***** all around!
I know what that means Yes we do seem to share in these beliefs.

I was born under several retrogrades.

I tend to believe there is something to it all. Just makes mathematical sense to me. Not to mention as far as the moon, its effect on tides. We are water, as the argument goes. Why wouldn't there be something in studying the order of the universe?

Used to be skeptical but as I learned more in depth I couldn't deny the truths I saw.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ask an elementary school teacher.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Ask an elementary school teacher.
Heh heh heh
Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I work in a hospital. ER is busy during a full moon, but so is the OB/GYN floor with all the new babies being born.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I started noticing it more when my daughter's pre-school teacher ( years ago) said the kids were all nutty in their own ways on full moon days. Ever since I almost always notice oddness of some sort and wonder is it a full moon and sure enough it IS!!!