I'm new and need serious support.

Old 05-22-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new and need serious support.

I posted on the wrong board and was directed here so I will explain. I am a Stay at home mom with children that are 4,3,3. My husband is an alcoholic and I have been with him for five years. He is very professional and has lost great jobs recently now that it is all coming out in the open. I hand feed him a drug called antabuse which he can't drink on but the thing is he still finds a way to get a "buzz". I can't tell you HOW many lies I have heard. I have even been given a black eye a few years ago. I have put him in jail and drove him to rehabs. IT's to the point now that I say the nastiest things to him and seriously HATE being around him. He thinks he's above help. He's been to meetings and he's had every threat from me and I have gone through with plenty. I think all I have left is to leave him. Man, I hate to think that I have been defeated by this!!!! I have read the AA book and it all makes sense. It is just me with the kids with no sitter so I do what I can. I do have friends but they are sick of hearing the same stories after five years. I hope I meet some friends here because I know of NO ONE that has delt with an alcoholic. I feel trapped, lost, sick to my stomach, constant headache and have had to get on anti-depressant medications to deal with this man. I think I am having control issues being so helpless with kids. I am a strong...strong...strong woman but I am on the verge of losing it!!! Thanks for reading this...
Old 05-22-2004, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
KingsWeaver, We Are One

Red face God bless you!

You sound like you are at your wits end and I can't blame you there. I have an alcoholic husband too, he to has lost jobs in the past but manly because he is very oppinionated and most people don't like that. You have to take care of you and your babies, there were many times that I wanted to just pack up and go to. I have hung in there and now he is finally getting some help, he tried to do it cold turkey, it worked for a couple of months then he just lost it and went in to see somebody about it. He is going to be put on meds to help him quit. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this, it's a very visious disease and I think they should outlaw the stuff. All the stuff does is rip apart familes and destroy lives.

You hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to don't hesitate to send me a message!

Take care and hugs to you
Old 05-22-2004, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How do I send a message?

How do I send a message to someone I want to talk to?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KingsWeaver, We Are One

You can click on the little running man that is my AOL/AIM messenger, and if the little round button at the lower left corner where your screename is green it means that person is online, at least on this site anyway. You can also send a private message located at the top of the page.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Atikyn
How do I send a message to someone I want to talk to?
click on the name and a drop down will show you where to message.

Look about the site and read. You will find info all over the place. Seek info for you. He will need want change for himself. Till that time look about and see what is available to help you take care of you and the babies.