Well it finally happened

Old 06-09-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well it finally happened

I got woken up for the first time in the middle of the night to ride Dark Side Daryl's delusional train to crazy town. I am well aware the ride only gets more screwed up from here. Why oh why is it so flippin hard to just pull the emergecy stop cord and get the hell off?!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear firebolt, the short answer to your question: For the same reason that the alcoholic thinks he/she can "handle one beer".

I am sorry that you are going through this....

dandylion
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
I got woken up for the first time in the middle of the night to ride Dark Side Daryl's delusional train to crazy town. I am well aware the ride only gets more screwed up from here. Why oh why is it so flippin hard to just pull the emergecy stop cord and get the hell off?!
He's addicted to a substance u r addicted to him. try alanon?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive tried alanon. I know what I need to do. This is just so hard..I feel like I willingly hopped on for the ride because "hes just so great when hes sober." I wish id have educated myself more about alcoholism before I signed up for this. So angry and dissappointed in myself. Of all the bad decisions ive made in life...this is one of the worst. I look back longingly at the time in my life when i was blissfully unaware of alcoholism and the destruction it causes.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear firebolt---DON'T WE ALL!!!! (lol). yES....it is very hard. If it were easy, probably few people would be here on this forum!

Think of it like this: Suppose you were going to adopt out a little dog and had to pick a good home for it. When an applicant appeared and wanted the dog---promised all kinds of good things for the little guy....a large fenced yard; soft, warm bed; quality dog food and veterinary care--every thing a dog dreams of---except for the two times a week that he kicks the "little bast***" in the ribs because of a bad mood. Would you be inclined to let this person adopt the dog??

Does the "good" compensate for the "bad"?

I am so sorry to hear about the ride to Crazy Town.....I just wanted to give you a little perspective, hopefully.....

dandylion
Old 06-09-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well, now you have some confirmation that it DOES get worse....and i'm sorry for that!

you can't fix this. you can't wish him well. you might be able to pet an alligator for awhile but at some point he's gonna do what alligators do and bite you. always best to give alligators a wide berth!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You did give me perspective. I need to stop trying to smack some sense into the applicant and just find a better environment for the puppy....after I let the puppy pee in shoes
Old 06-09-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

:rotfxko:rotfxko:rotfxkoFirebolt, that is funny.

dandylion
Old 06-10-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Firebolt,
It's been written on this forum many times by people much wiser than me:

Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

For me, I didn't have the courage to pull the handle and make the train stop....because it was so hard. I waited until the train had crashed and was about to explode - and I ran as fast as I could through the emergency exit!

I love the perspective gleaned by thinking about a sweet little puppy (and then the peeing in the shoes)!!!

Hugs,
MamaKit