I guess she is out of REHAB

Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Crazed, my thought when I read your initial post was "good job" telling your friend you don't want any further updates. People can be thoughtless telling you stuff, so it's great that you set a boundary with this person. I understand the trigger feeling, it's the reason I got off FB completely when my BF went into treatment. I didn't want to see or know anything on there. It helped quiet my world.

So you told this friend no more updates. And you remain no contact. All Good! Remember.....Progress not Perfection.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

We can agree to disagree on my friends motives. I trust her completely, and facebook was not the reason she called. No need to not post. Just realize that no matter how trivial it may be to you, it wasn't to me, and it triggered some crazy thinking. Illogical, crazy thinking.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your supporting posts. By the way, I am CURRENTLY doing fine. I had to do a final presentation today at the end of a hard week of training- voted best in group, and I got an Ipad mini.

Later today I flew back to my hometown, and ran into a female friend from high school at the airport. It was a tremendous coincidence, since I only come to my home town about twice a year, and we briely reconnected after years over Christmas. It was great to catch up, and she saved me cab fare
Old 06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think that the more we are caught up in someone else the more crazy it makes us.
Keep the focus on you - doing this will not only make you stronger, but you wont have time to worry about what she is or isn't doing.
I know this is easier said than done, but you will definitely come out ahead in the long run for doing so!
Hang in there Crazed!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Responding to OP 1st post...

Thank you for posting

My AexW once sent me two requests one for twitter and another for flicker...boy my mind started rolling....stopped when my sponsor said "did you ever think because of her business she just did a mass invite without even thinking about you?"

Sometimes...most times...I am overly-sensitive and ego-centric. Everything is about me. Rationally there then was no more need to obsess. Just a waste of thought and time.

Sooo...I try to throw myself harder into helping people or something I like to do....
Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks wiscsober-

It doesn't take much to get my crazy thinking rolling... I can only imagine the tailspin I will go into if I see her number on my caller id when I return home from my trip!

Actually, I think I will be able to handle it Ok.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crazed View Post
Thanks wiscsober-

It doesn't take much to get my crazy thinking rolling... I can only imagine the tailspin I will go into if I see her number on my caller id when I return home from my trip!

Actually, I think I will be able to handle it Ok.
I am able to block calls w/o even knowing they had called.

You could do that.

For me it's a good thing, but many of the calls come from active addicts and alkies who I have had to just move on from.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Our mind is a very scary place - my sponsor ask me to never enter it alone ~ lol

It is always a good plan for me when those "thoughts" start creeping in my head to apply the tools of the program ~ slogans, prayer, meditation, call my sponsor, come to SR,journal, step work, or read some recovery literature ~ maybe even do ALL of the above!

Sounds like you are doing the same!

Good for you!
pink hugs!