a bit of venting

Old 04-16-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

a bit of venting

theres a qoute i think of in times like this
"before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self esteem...first make sure you are not infact surrounded by a**h****"

Emotions....they never stop. Not while they actively use and not while in recovery. atleast my rollercoaster of me hasnt.

Its obviously a trend for family members of alcoholics to be on a ride even when we think its going to stop. the addict is either using bluntly and annoyingly or secretively or they are not using but the work ...oh boy the work on them during recovery. one would think they were using...their mindframes and their "themselves" is a process and you just want to give them a snickers bars and ask them NOT to be a diva.

so to all you gaga family members " go out dancing or workout...endorphines ! im doing this and it helps and it also helps to keep you busy and your mind off things"
and to all recovering a's "Eat a snickers bar"
Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand your frustration, but I have to remind you this is a choice - this place you are in today. It's your choice. You can choose differently. We all can. The roller coaster ride is always optional.