Girlfriend Concerned

Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

"Throw in the towel" is a phrase that comes from Boxing. A boxer's trainer throws in the towel to end the fight because the boxer can't win or is in danger.

2 months into a relationship there shouldn't even be a fight going on. There should be no towel.

When I felt damaged I chose damaged partners. I Saw potential that probably would never come to fruition in people that never gave any indication of having said potential because I wanted people to see past my problems. (Past my problem family, actually)

I also became intimate too quickly with people, before I could really know them. Once I was intimate with someone I felt a bond that made it very difficult for me to walk away.

I am now a much healthier person with different attitudes about relationships. I deserve a partner and equal. I strive to fix my own problems and expect those around me to do the same. I'm neither interested in rescuing nor being rescued.
I seek people with values in line with my own. I'm not looking for a project or someone to fix. I'm not really a discount shopper, anyway.

I will not interact with anyone that uses illegal substances or abuses pharmaceuticals. I know what chaos this chemicals cause in the brain and in the lives of everyone involved.

My advice is to consider deeply what is going on inside you that made you choose to spend time with someone with so many issues. Do you recognize the insanity of needing to seek out a website like this just 2 months into a relationship?

Read around here. Check out the stickies. Read our stories and continue to post. As you do, please ask yourself "Do I want to go through what these husbands, wives, parents, children and siblings have experienced?" Because if you continue to date this man, ours is the pain you are signing up to endure.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't know too many healthy people who keep walking the tracks when the train is coming right at them.

Ask yourself this: why do you think you are his only? Only friend, only one he can talk to, only one who understands, only one that will rescue him and help him.

Then ask yourself why you think you fell so hard and so fast for someone with so many “red flags”. And why your need to control this person? If he doesn’t listen to you then you will be done? What’s that all about?