"Pre-gaming" : a story from my past

Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Pre-gaming" : a story from my past

One time, over two years ago, RABF and I went out to a comedy show and then to dinner with three of our friends. At the comedy show, everyone was allowed two free drinks so we each had those. My RABF had been pre-gaming by himself before we went out, unbeknownst to me. So after the comedy show, we were trying to find a restaurant, and RABF was being all loud, acting like a drunk person (which he was at the time). We went into this one restaurant where we had to wait a few minutes before being seated, and RABF went to use the bathroom. While he was in the bathroom, one of our friends asked me "was he pre-gaming?" and I said no. But as soon as I'd said that, I felt really stupid. Stupid, and embarrassed. So, he gets back from the bathroom, we all go sit down, and RABF pulled out my chair for me. One of our friends (the same friend who asked me if RABF had been pre-gaming) said to him jokingly, "hey Romeo, you're making the rest of us look bad," and I responded, "don't worry about looking bad, because he's an alcoholic". And then everybody was all like "ooh, BURN!" and RABF didn't talk to me for the rest of the evening. Yes, I used the term "alcoholic" as an insult because I didn't know any better and I thought that if I called him an alcoholic then he'd quit acting like one. Kind of like how sometimes when people are called names they sometimes stop acting like what they are called.