Day 33 My Dad making me feel Guilty

Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 33 My Dad making me feel Guilty

Went round my Dads tonight for the first time since I quit the beer.

He first tried to force me to have a drink and could not understand why I wouldn't.

He was wasted!! Even though I would of thought seen as I was taking his Grand Daughter round he would of had a day off!

His Mrs. Kept telling me he's got to go back to hospital because he's got fluid on his legs and kept saying its because its liver failure and he didn't want to go to hospital until he saw me and my Daughter before he died.

He then just before I left started to cry and said to his Mrs I can't hold it back anymore.

I just don't get that if he's got fluid on his legs stop drinking!! I have so he can! But he doesn't want too!!!

This is really getting to me, there's something else all the time with him and I know he's crying out for help but I just feel unless he wants to give up the beer there's nothing I can do!

He nearly died and still he won't give it up or get help

Just don't know what to do
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Nothing you CAN do, except love him. He probably feels like he's on his way out (and who knows, maybe he is) so it doesn't matter.

Sadly, many people die of this disease, continuing to drink up until the bitter end.

I'm so glad YOU are sober--you want to take good care of that little girl!

Hugs,
Old 02-01-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Straightedgeste View Post
Went round my Dads tonight for the first time since I quit the beer.

He first tried to force me to have a drink and could not understand why I wouldn't.

He was wasted!! Even though I would of thought seen as I was taking his Grand Daughter round he would of had a day off!

His Mrs. Kept telling me he's got to go back to hospital because he's got fluid on his legs and kept saying its because its liver failure and he didn't want to go to hospital until he saw me and my Daughter before he died.

He then just before I left started to cry and said to his Mrs I can't hold it back anymore.

I just don't get that if he's got fluid on his legs stop drinking!! I have so he can! But he doesn't want too!!!

This is really getting to me, there's something else all the time with him and I know he's crying out for help but I just feel unless he wants to give up the beer there's nothing I can do!

He nearly died and still he won't give it up or get help

Just don't know what to do
A hard call. How old is he? Some degrees of fatty liver can reverse with abstinence; not sure about Cirrhosis....
You can only do your best, and for you that is to remain sober,
Hard to say it, but he has the right to stay as he is if he chooses.
God bless.......................:ghug3